Free Diving

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by L111FSH, Apr 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all, First time poster, appealing to the weath of knowledge that is AARSE

I'm currently phase 2 at mighty Bordon and I am due to get posted off to unit within a few months.

I'm quite interested in a sport known as freediving that I started getting into around 12 months ago and have practiced both in the UK and abroad. Many will have heard of this sport as it has been repeatedly in the papers/news for British and World records being set and broken.

Basically I am wondering if there is any Army (or Tri-service) competitive team. The style I am most interested in is Constant Weight Dynamic Apnea without Fins.

Thanks for any post's!

PS the link to find more out about this (Wikipedia):
  2. Cheers, that tank looks great.

Anyone else know of there being a team within the armed forces for freediving? The tank on the website was a RN submariners training tank so with the facilities available there must be one somewhere.

Incase there is no team, can anyone give advice on starting one? IE, What is needed to start a team in the army, -insurance, permissions etc?

Thanks in advance
  3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Two years to first post!