• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

free brews.......... yep. really !!!

if any of you good felows ever find yourself on the A11 near thetford, norfolk, on your way to STANTA . remember this............

between the roundabouts, for brandon, and mundford, just after the BP GARAGE is a lay-by, on your left, heading north, towards norwich.

in this lay-by is a young-man called carl, who runs a tea van. :cheers:
(think it was called simply scrumptious)

after a visit for a brew today, i was informed that
FREE TEA OR COFFEE,S ARE AVAILABLE TO ANY UNIFORMED HM FORCES PERSONNEL.

YES... FREE, FREE ,, FREE , (I like the word free! )

so i had to buy the buns and baps, but free hot drinks are always welcome!! :worship:

TOP MAN!! obviously a supporter !!! :cheers:

you can get a free brew if you travel on the main routes around New Zealand (the driver) all you have to do is sign the book at a participating cafe. Down side is that its a long way to go for a brew

reverend_jim said:
if any of you good felows ever find yourself on the A11 near thetford, norfolk, on your way to STANTA . remember this............

between the roundabouts, for brandon, and mundford, just after the BP GARAGE is a lay-by, on your left, heading north, towards norwich.

so i had to buy the buns and baps, but free hot drinks are always welcome!! :worship:

Know the area quite well, brilliant part of the country. Often passing by. Love STANTA as a training area, West Tofts, Frog Hill, love it.

BT. :D

Rev Jim.......I will be going your way soon. to my daughters wedding...will stop bye for a cuppa!

Heres a better way to get free brew , send the kids out with a torch for an hour or so and spend the next day getting comfortably numb trading the fruits of their labour in . One enterprising young thing down the road was selling the buggers for a dollar (cheaper than paying for the drink).

toads for beer

edited for being a mong and forgetting the link

reverend_jim said:
DozyBint said:
reverend_jim said:
dont know whether the fella is ex-hmf or not, but he adressed me correctly as well!
The dog-collar gave you away, Rev.! :D
probably !!!!! :D
i,ll re-phrase that just to put you in the picture.
i left the forces in 1995. after 9 yrs regular . served for 3 yrs after with the territorials.
i,m ex RAChD .
had to stop with the t/a due to other commitments.
"no rest for the wicked eh?" :D

as i was there, i was joined by a group of R/A . as we talked, the young man in the tea van, asked
"another tea padre? "

B

Bottleosmoke

Brew_Time said:
reverend_jim said:

Know the area quite well, brilliant part of the country. Often passing by. Love STANTA as a training area, West Tofts, Frog Hill, love it.

Good dogging too, so i heard.

Edited due to being a mllaaar

Bottleosmoke said:
Brew_Time said:
reverend_jim said:

Bottleosmoke said:
Brew_Time said:
reverend_jim said:

Know the area quite well, brilliant part of the country. Often passing by. Love STANTA as a training area, West Tofts, Frog Hill, love it

BT.

Cat_Funt said:
Heres a better way to get free brew , send the kids out with a torch for an hour or so and spend the next day getting comfortably numb trading the fruits of their labour in . One enterprising young thing down the road was selling the buggers for a dollar (cheaper than paying for the drink).

toads for beer

edited for being a mong and forgetting the link
Genius

To add insult, many have said they are willing to make a limited compromise by diligently applying the cream to the ends of their golf clubs.

Not an Advert. :)

But we operate the same policy and we throw in a couple of digestives as well.

And as a bonus I'll get one of my two cute female staff to serve it up, the brew that is. That being said they are both single and if you can pull one (or both) of them fair play. Mind you if you nick of with either of them you'll be facing the wroth of the MD as we've invested a lot of time into training them up.

The firm is in Nuneaton, home to 30 Sigs Regt which is my old Regt.