• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Frederick Forsyth just scared ths Shite out of me

#1
Mr Forsyth just came up with a nightmare in todays Sunday Express.So Labour get ousted, but, have to do a deal with Lib-Dems, but Clegg hates Brown so who ends up going to Buck house, FFS sake David Milliband, now I'm F**king frightened
 
#2
tropper66 said:
Mr Forsyth just came up with a nightmare in todays Sunday Express.So Labour get ousted, but, have to do a deal with Lib-Dems, but Clegg hates Brown so who ends up going to Buck house, FFS sake David Milliband, now I'm F**king frightened
Agree the idea is scary, but remember Forsyth is one of the best fiction writers ever with a fantastic imagination.
 
#3
Considering how long this election campaign has been going on for, it took Freddie a damned long time to come up with the "Apocalypse scenario v1"

v2 sees Lord Fondlebum of Rio placing Cyclops into protective custody and assuming all power and sovereignty over the U.K., finally moving out of the shadows to assume what he feels is his rightul place.
 
#4
mick_sterbs said:
v2 sees Lord Fondlebum of Rio placing Cyclops into protective custody and assuming all power and sovereignty over the U.K., finally moving out of the shadows to assume what he feels is his rightul place.
That has me waking up ain a cold sweat at night and I live 6,000 miles away. I wouldn't put it past him - if that happened, the UAF would become the 'Redshirts', the Zanu Lab bully boys, with Stonewall becoming the Fondlebum version of the Schutz Staffel.
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#6
I would not bet against Mandlebum having his resignation letter from the Lords already written and a Labour MP with the thumbscrews on to stand down and let him become an MP again and thus into No 10.

If that happens I supposed we can class Mandlebum as bi-sexual as we are ALL fucked :evil:
 
#10
TBH, I'm fcuking amazed we have'nt had a "terrorist spectacular" yet, forcing Brown and the Dark Prince(ss)to suspend the election and invoke Emergancy Powers. :omfg:

Still, look on the bright side, lads; if it DOES happen we can all apply for jobs with Creepy Mandy's new Fingermen Agency... :twisted:
 

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
#11
Strangely, I'd prefer a Lib Lab coalition. I don't think the Great British Public is fully aware of how dire the situation is and there may be long term advantage in Labour having to hang around just long enough to be hit by the sh1tstorm.

There's a danger that, under the current circumstances, they will be able to spin the 'it was OK under us and then the Tories came in and cut everyhing' line - a Labour version of the 'German Army wasn't defeated in the field' myth peddled after WW1 by the Nazis.

After what we've endured since 1997, watching Mandelson, Bruin et al being tarred and feathered by irate and soon-to-be-redundant diversity co-ordinators and others of that ilk would go a long way towards sustaining my morale through the dark years to come.

(1 Edit)
 
#12
You think that scenario is scary? - what about the prospect of the Deputy Leader of the Labour Party popping round to Buck House to be invited to head up an interim Lib-Lab Government.

I don't think the Labour Party Constitution can react quickly enough to elect a new leader, so if Broon leaves Downing Street in a frenzy of nokia and fax throwing - Harriet is your man for the time-being! With most of the Blairites out on their ears and her husband and other Union men in Parliament and holding the purse strings, can you see either a Broonite or Blairite getting chosen as the new leader.
 
#13
'FFS sake David Milliband, now I'm F**king frightened' or worse, Ed Balls - he of the public school education and carefully elecuted working class accent.

What is even more worrying is that I thought that this lot were dead and buried in 1979 but in 1997 they all crept out from under the stones that they had been hiding (mostly having blagged themselves safe seats) and, bingo, up they popped - running us.

They have had 13 years in total control of the establishment, if anyone thinks that they'll just slink off and hide under that stone again needs their bumps feeling.
 
#14
JoeCivvie said:
with Stonewall becoming the Fondlebum version of the Schutz Staffel.
They've already got the uniforms in production.



But seriously, sleep soundly in your beds.

Firstly, the polls that I've seen are predicting a wafer thin majority for Dave. He'll almost certainly be heading for the palace on Friday. A quick 'rebalancing' of the parliamentary constituencies over the summer recess and we'll be all set for a Tory landslide at a snap election in the autumn.

Secondly, it's traditional for the outgoing PM to be offered the use of Chequers while he sorts out a place to live. As the monocular canute cant drive and he'll not have his chauffeur driven limmo, that's as good as a jail term on Dartmoor.
 
#17
Werewolf said:
TBH, I'm fcuking amazed we have'nt had a "terrorist spectacular" yet, forcing Brown and the Dark Prince(ss)to suspend the election and invoke Emergancy Powers. :omfg:

Still, look on the bright side, lads; if it DOES happen we can all apply for jobs with Creepy Mandy's new Fingermen Agency... :twisted:
Still 3 days for something to go bang and the election to be postponed indefinitly.

Maybe the assasination of Cyclops,leading to the dark princess to assume full powers for life.
 
#18
Le_addeur_noir said:
Werewolf said:
TBH, I'm fcuking amazed we have'nt had a "terrorist spectacular" yet, forcing Brown and the Dark Prince(ss)to suspend the election and invoke Emergancy Powers. :omfg:

Still, look on the bright side, lads; if it DOES happen we can all apply for jobs with Creepy Mandy's new Fingermen Agency... :twisted:
Still 3 days for something to go bang and the election to be postponed indefinitly.

Maybe the assasination of Cyclops,leading to the dark princess to assume full powers for life.
I reckon they'll go the full V for Vendetta route: a CBRN attack in London. This would allow Brown to not only cancel the election but also evacuate London.

Brown moves the gub'mint North to Edinburgh; his home turf and a smaller city is easier to control. He declares Martial Law, of course, and uses the "failure" of the traditional law enforcement, security and intelligence services to set up his own, paramilitary force. Answerable only to himself and Lord Fudgepacker. Think the SS or KGB but without the charm or restraint. :plotting:

Sleep well, and don't have nightmares... :twisted:
 

cpunk

LE
Moderator
#20
Werewolf said:
I reckon they'll go the full V for Vendetta route: a CBRN attack in London. This would allow Brown to not only cancel the election but also evacuate London.
Before you let your imagination run too far away with you, this does presuppose that Gordon Brown, the Labour Party etc etc etc have a degree of organisational skill they've kept extremely well-hidden until now.

In the country of the sighted, the one-eyed man is about to get a shoeing...
 

Latest Threads