Frederick Forsyth just scared ths Shite out of me

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tropper66, May 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Forsyth just came up with a nightmare in todays Sunday Express.So Labour get ousted, but, have to do a deal with Lib-Dems, but Clegg hates Brown so who ends up going to Buck house, FFS sake David Milliband, now I'm F**king frightened

2. Agree the idea is scary, but remember Forsyth is one of the best fiction writers ever with a fantastic imagination.

3. Considering how long this election campaign has been going on for, it took Freddie a damned long time to come up with the "Apocalypse scenario v1"

v2 sees Lord Fondlebum of Rio placing Cyclops into protective custody and assuming all power and sovereignty over the U.K., finally moving out of the shadows to assume what he feels is his rightul place.

4. That has me waking up ain a cold sweat at night and I live 6,000 miles away. I wouldn't put it past him - if that happened, the UAF would become the 'Redshirts', the Zanu Lab bully boys, with Stonewall becoming the Fondlebum version of the Schutz Staffel.

5. Mandlebum would become next Neues Arbiets PM.

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I would not bet against Mandlebum having his resignation letter from the Lords already written and a Labour MP with the thumbscrews on to stand down and let him become an MP again and thus into No 10.

If that happens I supposed we can class Mandlebum as bi-sexual as we are ALL fucked :evil:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Are you sure it was Frederick Forsyth and not Stephen King? Sounds more like his sort of genre.

8. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

If we are going to have an apocalypse, bags I the War and Destruction horse and the big sword.

9. TBH, I'm fcuking amazed we have'nt had a "terrorist spectacular" yet, forcing Brown and the Dark Prince(ss)to suspend the election and invoke Emergancy Powers. :omfg:

Still, look on the bright side, lads; if it DOES happen we can all apply for jobs with Creepy Mandy's new Fingermen Agency... :twisted:

10. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Strangely, I'd prefer a Lib Lab coalition. I don't think the Great British Public is fully aware of how dire the situation is and there may be long term advantage in Labour having to hang around just long enough to be hit by the sh1tstorm.

There's a danger that, under the current circumstances, they will be able to spin the 'it was OK under us and then the Tories came in and cut everyhing' line - a Labour version of the 'German Army wasn't defeated in the field' myth peddled after WW1 by the Nazis.

After what we've endured since 1997, watching Mandelson, Bruin et al being tarred and feathered by irate and soon-to-be-redundant diversity co-ordinators and others of that ilk would go a long way towards sustaining my morale through the dark years to come.

(1 Edit)

11. You think that scenario is scary? - what about the prospect of the Deputy Leader of the Labour Party popping round to Buck House to be invited to head up an interim Lib-Lab Government.

I don't think the Labour Party Constitution can react quickly enough to elect a new leader, so if Broon leaves Downing Street in a frenzy of nokia and fax throwing - Harriet is your man for the time-being! With most of the Blairites out on their ears and her husband and other Union men in Parliament and holding the purse strings, can you see either a Broonite or Blairite getting chosen as the new leader.

12. 'FFS sake David Milliband, now I'm F**king frightened' or worse, Ed Balls - he of the public school education and carefully elecuted working class accent.

What is even more worrying is that I thought that this lot were dead and buried in 1979 but in 1997 they all crept out from under the stones that they had been hiding (mostly having blagged themselves safe seats) and, bingo, up they popped - running us.

They have had 13 years in total control of the establishment, if anyone thinks that they'll just slink off and hide under that stone again needs their bumps feeling.

13. They've already got the uniforms in production.

[​IMG]

But seriously, sleep soundly in your beds.

Firstly, the polls that I've seen are predicting a wafer thin majority for Dave. He'll almost certainly be heading for the palace on Friday. A quick 'rebalancing' of the parliamentary constituencies over the summer recess and we'll be all set for a Tory landslide at a snap election in the autumn.

Secondly, it's traditional for the outgoing PM to be offered the use of Chequers while he sorts out a place to live. As the monocular canute cant drive and he'll not have his chauffeur driven limmo, that's as good as a jail term on Dartmoor.

• Like Like x 1
  14. For life.