Fred Scappaticci (Stake Knife) arrested over murders

A man alleged to have been the Army's most high-ranking agent in the IRA has been arrested and is being questioned about allegations that he was involved in dozens of murders.

The agent codenamed Stakeknife has been named as Fred Scappaticci from west Belfast.

Seems that there is a team of 48 Detectives investigating this

Operation Kenova is being led by Chief Constable Jon Boutcher, from Bedfordshire Police.
It is examining the activities of current and former police officers, members of the Army and MI5 and former members of the IRA.

The investigation team said the arrest was "in connection with the investigation into allegations of murder, kidnap and torture".
A statement from the investigation team added: "He is currently in custody at an undisclosed location and will be interviewed in relation to the investigation. No further details of the place of arrest or where he is being held will be released due to security reasons."

Be interesting to see where this goes

Archie

Interesting.

Is he being thrown under a bus because they can, or suffering the consequences of abusing the official associations he had?

ugly

LE
I wonder if the public prosecutor is being guided by both sides in Stormont?

Dead man walking?
Not immediately. He'll be given a new identity and house on the mainland.

After a couple of years he'll tire of being a little fish in a big pond and go back to the province in a vain attempt to recapture the glory days and get slotted by some pimply youth out to make a name for himself.

Which is nice.

Be interesting to see where this goes
I thought everyone knew he'd been involved in at least two murders. He undoubtedly saved a few lives, but at what cost? And it's interesting that the article says he was "allegedly" the highest ranked IRA tout.
Who was being protected and how many were allowed to die in order to keep them protected? We will never know and Scappaticci is not about to blab.
Don't forget he was the head of the "nutting squad".

A few “Fishers of Men”, racking their memories to remember what involvement they had with him.

ugly

LE
I thought everyone knew he'd been involved in at least two murders. He undoubtedly saved a few lives, but at what cost? And it's interesting that the article says he was "allegedly" the highest ranked IRA tout.
Who was being protected and how many were allowed to die in order to keep them protected? We will never know and Scappaticci is not about to blab.
Don't forget he was the head of the "nutting squad".
I thought Robert Lean held that title, well he would if Gerry hadn't made up with him!
Ulster police hunt IRA leaders

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Apparently the damage he did to PIRA was something else, not to mention the internal paranoia when he was outed. Scap, I suspect a quick court case, slap on the wrist and back to a reasonably well paid somewhere warm. From whence he will not return. PIRA will have to looking.

The UVF one, he’ll get sick of a quiet life, spend the rest of his life drinking in small English towns and return for a visit.

1&12

LE
Is Bedfordshire Police not a 'failing force'?
Id've thought their Chief Constable would have enough on his plate without Operation Kenova.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
his details have been comman currency for years , i wonder why he hasnt been topped yet. not that I wish it on him but for a secret agent he does seem to have a high profile on the telly.

TamH70

MIA
Fred Scappaticci is a piece of filth. He killed other people to maintain his cover, some of them innocent of any crime, and indeed acted as an executioner of other touts that the Provo filth caught spying on them. If he gets convicted, and jailed, I'd not shed a tear if someone stuck a sharpened tooth brush in his kidneys and snapped off the handle.

Archie[/QUOTE]
his details have been comman currency for years , i wonder why he hasnt been topped yet. not that I wish it on him but for a secret agent he does seem to have a high profile on the telly.
My understanding is that unless he confesses he can't be executed, hence the extreme torture (ironically) from the nutting squad, to get that confession. Scrap is no fool, he won't confess anytime soon and for the Brits to hang him out to dry just drops their own in it,... MW, Brig K, etc...

Fred Scappaticci is a piece of filth. He killed other people to maintain his cover, some of them innocent of any crime, and indeed acted as an executioner of other touts that the Provo filth caught spying on them. If he gets convicted, and jailed, I'd not shed a tear if someone stuck a sharpened tooth brush in his kidneys and snapped off the handle.
I'd be concerned over that prisoners oral hygiene.

A nudge nudge wink wink of the slimy green variety told me a long time ago that Scap isn't Steaknife.

A nudge nudge wink wink of the slimy green variety told me a long time ago that Scap isn't Steaknife.
I wouldn't believe anything they tell you - many moons ago they told me paddy flood was a tout in Londonderry, pira executed him and they were wrong, it was his brother Davy.....oops:)

Fred Scappaticci is a piece of filth. He killed other people to maintain his cover, some of them innocent of any crime, and indeed acted as an executioner of other touts that the Provo filth caught spying on them..
You make a point. Sinn Fein / PIRA murdered 100 of their own.
Sinn Fein / PIRA currently outmurder ISIS in as much they have never released a prisoner alive, a statistic organisations such as Amnesty International ( partly founded by an IRA gent) have remained, with the exception of one article, silent about.
Fred had a modus operandi of telephoning his victims family to express his sympathy.

He undoubtedly saved a few lives, but at what cost?
One rather expects to hear the voices of those who know nothing of the case in columns such as these (and of course the Guardian's, Mail's and other seekers of Ineffable Truth), but some silence would be appreciated from them. Don't believe what you read in these places without thinking first, and don't repeat sensationalist crap without thinking of the consequences.

Those who hold British society as their sworn enemy (a diffuse grouping on the far extremes of our and other societies, but including some political parties and many with deeply questionable motives), have never ceased their propaganda efforts, while the public, and Government, have otherwise got on with their lives and the intricacies of the national economy.

Stakeknife saved thousands of lives. If he is to have his day in court, this fact will be made clear, and there will be great shame and embarrassment among many. Including those have repeated the sensationalist crap; their words are recorded on the world's servers for a very long time.

Watch you don't get a nose bleed from your moral high ground.

Watch my tracer! He was invaluable.

Latest Threads