Fred Dibnah Walt

I watched a programme last night where it appeared old Fred had be reincarnated into Wolverines Bastard Child called Guy Martin.

[video=youtube;tSbab334lDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSbab334lDQ[/video]

Seemed like quite a likeable chap even though I could only understeand every 3 words.

Are there any chimneys left for him to blow up?

I watched a programme last night where it appeared old Fred had be reincarnated into Wolverines Bastard Child called Guy Martin.

[video=youtube;tSbab334lDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSbab334lDQ[/video]

Seemed like quite a likeable chap even though I could only understeand every 3 words.

Are there any chimneys left for him to blow up?
He does a little bit of motorbiking stuff as well.

4926546.jpg

and I'd love to blow his chimney.:smooch:

Believe Fred Dibnah was in 14/20 H,NS?

Believe Fred Dibnah was in 14/20 H,NS?
Yes basically ended up as a regimental handy man. He said once they realised how handy he was to have about the place he was generally left to his own devices as he was always covered in shite and doing odd jobs about the place.

Yes basically ended up as a regimental handy man. He said once they realised how handy he was to have about the place he was generally left to his own devices as he was always covered in shite and doing odd jobs about the place.
Until he blew up the cookhouse trying to remove its chimney.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
A typical Martin sentance goes like this "All right Boss? Hey Chief, these Victorians they were mad but brilliant, eh Boss?"
He's a bit mad his sen like.
If you want to see how mental watch the Isle of Man TT doco 'Closer to the edge.' Mental, boss.
TT3D : Closer To The Edge - Official Trailer [HD] - YouTube

Not sure if I want to blow his chimney though.
I was home on leave for the TT once. My mate was racing the sidecar section and lost his passenger on the Parliament square corner in Ramsey during practice, so the twat came banging on my door having figured I was going to be the fittest candidate.

I can only describe the Isle Of Man TT as a near death experience and we didn't even win or come close.

Mental boss. Fucking mental.

Until he blew up the cookhouse trying to remove its chimney.
He never told me that one!

He used to visit the Vulcan foundry in Newton-le-Willows when I worked there, he was very good friends with the head of the machine shop and the training school so was always getting bits machined that were snuck in through the back door.
He often used to wander in and just potter about with no one batting an eyelid.

He never told me that one!

He used to visit the Vulcan foundry in Newton-le-Willows when I worked there, he was very good friends with the head of the machine shop and the training school so was always getting bits machined that were snuck in through the back door.
He often used to wander in and just potter about with no one batting an eyelid.

I do have an (shit) anecdote for Fred.

His last wife bought a house next door to mine in blackpool (she rented it out), she didnt share the cost of a fence either and Fred never came round.

She introduced herself as, "Im Fred Dibnahs wife you know".

I hope he spaffed on her tits before he shuffled off, the golddigger.

Rawhide,

One of the old workshops at Vulcan was known as the dungeon, used for storage for the odds and sods that accumulated from the test bed and development dept. Stuff going back to early steam days, he was always mooching through old cases of bits.
Apparently he went in one morning at 10am and didn't come out until gone 1 am when his wife phone the factory and someone went looking for him.
Lost in his own world of mechanical bits and bobs.

The series has its good point, but a lot of it was played for effect. Sort of like a Top Gear version of Dibnah.

Seems like a likeable bloke though.

He got the idea of blowing up chimneys after trying to light a "puffing billy".

He writes some good stuff in Performance Bike magazine.
Guy Martin that is, not Fred by oujia board.

Calling Guy Martin a walt is a bit bizarre to be honest. Anyone who rides at his kind of speed around the Isle of Man is a legend and deserves tea and medals any day. He has an interest in machinery and can talk with real enthusiasm about some knackered old pump engine, then restore it and get it working.

My eldest lad (and me to an extent) is a bike racing nut, Guy Martin is an absolute legend for more than one reason but primarily to us for (and apologies, off thread and rambling):

"We met Guy on a pit walk, 2007 at Brands (IIRC), eldest smog likes taking piccies and had a good one of Guy to ask him to sign, he does his duty poses for a photo and notices middle smog in <checks this is NAAFI> what you lot would describe a spaz buggy <yep NAAFI> with feeding tube from his nose ,not looking his best. Stops what he is doing, walks over and asks "Will he be OK boss, pop back when it's quieter and we'll show 'em round", all very nice and we walk away.

Fast fwd 12 months (about that) at Mallory Park and Guy is doing a personal appearance at a sponsors stall (not even sure he was racing that weekend), Mrs Smog is looking around and he spots me and male Smogs (middle one still in "buggy" and tube has moved to stomach but looking considerably less grey) looking bored, ignores everyone and walks straight over, pats him on the shoulder and "eh, up Boss, hows ya doing, ya looking a lot better, you up to looking round those bikes now". Nods all round and he waltzes off halfway through his appearance leaving a handful of completely bemused fans, shows em round the superbike, pointing out how things work, some free gizzits and to top it off he just takes 2 team fleece jackets and gives them to the Lads

Completely off thread, but so what, awesome bloke and indicitave of a lot of his breed. And Mrs would smoke his chimney too, and for being so good to my kids i'll make him a brew afterwards.