Fraud - who should I speak to?

I am a Pte in a small unit where I recently found out that a full screw has been fraudulently claiming a massive amount of GYH(T) for several years.

Essentially, he is claiming that a property in Scotland is his primary residence while living in the block in the South East. The property in question is rented out which I believe negates the GYH?

I don't entirely trust that my CoC will do anything constructive so who should I speak to?

If I'm talking rubbish just tell me.

Thanks

You're CoC will do something about it if it's true. You could report it to your RAO as this is something close to their hearts.

Don't lack confidence in your CoC in this matter.

stacker1 said:
How do you know he rents it out?
He has said this himself. Also, he has never been known to return there.

I accept that I have no proof, but this is still a serious fraud if true. If he has been talking balls then any investigation would clear him.

Crimestoppers? Thats complety anonymous and untracebale.... the information would come via civpol and even we wouldn't be able to trace you if you didn't want us to.

Trotsky

Whistleblower95 said:
stacker1 said:

I accept that I have no proof, but this is still a serious fraud if true. If he has been talking balls then any investigation would clear him.
Yes, well, call me mister picky, but that hardly damming evidence. Why would anyone start an investigation on the word of a tom who has no proof? Have you got a grudge against him or something?

Trotsky said:
Crimestoppers? Thats complety anonymous and untracebale.... the information would come via civpol and even we wouldn't be able to trace you if you didn't want us to.

Trotsky
Are you a detective or summat? Did I mention that it was a small unit...

:D

stacker1 said:
Whistleblower95 said:
stacker1 said:

Yes, well, call me mister picky, but that hardly damming evidence. Why would anyone start an investigation on the word of a tom who has no proof? Have you got a grudge against him or something?
Oh, sure, just because I'm a tom means that I'm wrong.

What sort of definitive evidence would I have?

Rather than speaking direct with your CoC and being branded a grass especially since he's a full screw and may have friends in the buts, ring the nearest RMP unit and explain the case, or a letter to the RAO

Whistleblower95 said:

Fuck all evidence it seems, apart from what one bloke told you and the observation that he doesn't go home at all. Do you follow him around at weekends and leave as well?
How do you know hes been claiming GYH(T) for years did he tell you that or did you mind read?

stacker1 said:
Whistleblower95 said:

Fuck all evidence it seems, apart from what one bloke told you and the observation that he doesn't go home at all. Do you follow him around at weekends and leave as well?
How do you know hes been claiming GYH(T) for years did he tell you that or did you mind read?
If you re-read what I said - he himself told me. Both about the GYH (at one point) and the rental (on another occasion).

Surely he is damned out of his own mouth?

The fact that you're a pte means sweet FA. If you raise this issue with your CoC/RAO/RMP unit then they will investigate and then the truth will (should) come out.

Report him. If what you say is true then he is very much in the wrong.

Whistleblower95 said:
If you re-read what I said - he himself told me. Both about the GYH (at one point) and the rental (on another occasion).

Its a little strange that someone should just happened to mention that hes been getting GYH for years (not a topic I hear in the bar very often) then tells you that he rents the same house on another occasion. How do you even know hes still claiming GYH?
Unlike the rest of the people on here, I wouldn't advise snitching on someone with the worlds flimsyest evidence. He may well have his hand in the till but until you come up with a bit more than what he said on two different occasions you might want to think twice before chatting to the RMP/CoC etc because you are going to look like a grade A penis if you are wrong.

stacker1 said:
Whistleblower95 said:

Its a little strange that someone should just happened to mention that hes been getting GYH for years (not a topic I hear in the bar very often) then tells you that he rents the same house on another occasion. How do you even know hes still claiming GYH?
Unlike the rest of the people on here, I wouldn't advise snitching on someone with the worlds flimsyest evidence. He may well have his hand in the till but until you come up with a bit more than what he said on two different occasions you might want to think twice before chatting to the RMP/CoC etc because you are going to look like a grade A penis if you are wrong.
I'd rather look like a penis than let him get away with major league fraud.

Referring you to my earlier question, what definitive evidence would you expect me to have?

Whistleblower95 said:
Referring you to my earlier question, what definitive evidence would you expect me to have?
Find out his home address, then give them a bell if it bothers you that much.

Do you think the RAO/RMP/CofC will drop everything and immediatlty investigate what a Private soldier says he was told by a Cpl on two different occasions, they wouldnt get any work done in my unit.
Then what would happen if you are wrong then in a few months you discover a real fraud would you expect them to drop every again?

Latest Threads