fraud at the mod

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by brighton hippy, Oct 17, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. last night on channel 4 news theres was talk of investigation into an ongoing fraud costing several million invovling phatnom soldiers :(
  2. Could this be the reason that they say ther isn't too much of a short fall in manpower but everyone sees there is? Plenty of blokes on paper but not all of them are real?
  3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

< mount hobby horse>

Fraud is a serious issue . Extract from an open source article on at :

The DFAU was set up to counter fraud cases in MoD. I'm sure they can speak for themselves but this is from the 2003/04 Annual Report at

Anyone in the Armed Forces or MoD employment (including contractors) can contact the DFAU/MDP hotline on 0800 161 3665 if they suspect fraudulent activity is taking place.....and recent legislation has been put in place to protect employees who blow the whistle.

< D-I-I-I-I-S-MOUNT !! >

Le Chevre
  4. It is here in the Mail on Sunday

Army Fraud

You might need to refresh the link a couple of times to make it work.
  5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Thanks....hey Hippy, how about re-titling the thread << ARMY FRAUDSTERS STING THE SYSTEM....>> ...if RMP are investigating, it is because SERVICE personnel are prime suspects.

( bloody Mail....always trying to get Civil Serpents to self-immolate.....BARSTEWARDS....)
  6. J_D

J_D LE

7. This has been happening ever since there have been armies to defraud.

Hang the thieving b*stards out to dry.
  8. J_D

J_D LE

Ah well, my bad! Sorry :oops: