Frankie Boyles Tramadol nights

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by brettarider, Dec 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone been watching this? Pure class if not watch it on C4 catch up classics like

Jordan and Pete are still fighting over the kids the loser gets to keep Harvie

Conversation stoppers at a dinner party who's watching Maddie
  2. I'm gonna show you heavy father ******!
    Dark as night but hilarious, Mock the Week is shite without him.
  3. I want to get last nights song about pussy on MP3
  4. It's funny. But there's a massive part that seems to be him seeing how far he can go. A lot of his material does appear to be nicked from sickipedia though.
  5. I thought some of the sketches were a bit OTT, and not funny, the "pussy monster" one, more immature than I'd expect from Frankie. I much prefer his stand up style and his wittiness a la mock the week.
  6. Not the other way around perhaps?
  7. Perhaps. He does have a reputation as a writer. But half of comedy is recycling these days.
  8. I was in stitches watching that last song last night! The missus just looked blankly at the TV.
  9. Haha found it the pussy song!
  10. Good find, Brett.
  11. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I saw Frankie Boyle live a few weeks ago and while the stand up show was phenomenal, I was disappointed to see all the jokes recycled for the stand up sections of his show, even the bits that look improvised are all well rehearsed with every last joke told over and over again at his live shows.

I find the sketches in Tramadol nights pretty weak as well. Wish I hadn't bothered watching it as it's kind of spoiled the live show for me.

Father *******.
  12. That's my new ringtone me thinks
  13. didn't think it was upto his usual standard

still i dont expect frankie gives a **** what i think not as he counts his money while being sucked off the christmas
  14. Couldn't agree more. After seeing him live last week and watching him on various other shows as well as Tramadol Nights, the same jokes were shoe horned in and regurgitated.
    I know other comics retell the same jokes, but most tend to modify and evolve their sets, even during the same tour.

Frankie seems to be a set of oneliners he will repeat no matter what the situation.

Agree again with you ravers that the bits I thought were improvised at his show were used again and again on the front of the audience, even if they didn't fit exactly with the situation.

Bottom line is, IMO he's funny but only if you don't see him too often.
  15. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Indeed. The moment that gave it away for me, was when he was talking about using Susan Boyle as a bowling ball. He mimics the bowling action and then stops saying ''******* hell, I went for four fingers there for some reason'' referring to the size of her gopping great minge. During the live show there were laughs all round at this seemingly unrehearsed and impromptu piece of humour, unfortunately he did exactly the same thing again on Tramadol Nights, giving the game away to those who had seen the live show.