Frank Carson Did My Eyes Decieve Me?

Just seen the trailer on the news about Frank's funeral and thought I saw McGuinness acting as pall bearer?

Frank did some years in Para Regt in Palestine so presumably a National Serviceman...

What right does McGuinness have if he thinks he can muscle in?

Seen.

Aye, just seen the local news. He's buried in Milltown. All the 'Big Wigs' were there. Jointery and all that!

Just seen the trailer on the news about Frank's funeral and thought I saw McGuinness acting as pall bearer?

Frank did some years in Para Regt in Palestine so presumably a National Serviceman...

What right does McGuinness have if he thinks he can muscle in?
Some of the newspapers state that he was a National Serviceman but it's more likely, to his credit, that he would have joined as a volunteer as NS or conscription never applied to Northern Ireland.

Maybe Martin McGuinness was standing in for First Minister Robinson as Robinson feared criticism for attending a RC Mass.

Maybe Martin McGuinness was standing in for First Minister Robinson as Robinson feared criticism for attending a RC Mass.
I think and hope we are long past that degree of sectarian bollix.

I remember a newspaper story some years ago saying he had performed at a Sinn Fein fundraiser. iirc his agent played it down saying it was for charity, not for the IRA. Anyone recall this?

I remember a newspaper story some years ago saying he had performed at a Sinn Fein fundraiser. iirc his agent played it down saying it was for charity, not for the IRA. Anyone recall this?
I find it hard to believe, unless he'd changed his act radically. Sexism & borderline racism wouldn't sit well with their image. Murder's grand like, but you don't want to be calling a spade a spade.

Frank came out to Thailand, I believe several times, with Dennis Taylor on a fundraiser golf day for Father Joe's charity which looks after kids with HIV in the Klong Toey slums. I had the pleasure of sitting down to breakfast with him. A genuine man with a fantastic natural patter who knew when to be serious. He will be sorely missed here.

I find it hard to believe, unless he'd changed his act radically. Sexism & borderline racism wouldn't sit well with their image. Murder's grand like, but you don't want to be calling a spade a spade.
Yes, it could well have been an Irish charity that SF had tenuous links with. Just the sort of thing a tabloid reporter would use to fill a few column inches with.

Pity the other pall bearers weren't Para Reg. Would have made for an interesting day.

the last time Mr Chuckles got this close to a Para they were chucking 7.62 at him on the Bogside. I suppose he felt safe enough now and didn't feel the need to bring his trusty Tommy Gun with him

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HE117 The NAAFI Bar 36
BONNACON The Intelligence Cell 2
Scutterbandit Current Affairs, News and Analysis 0