Frank Carson Did My Eyes Decieve Me?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by geezer466, Mar 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen the trailer on the news about Frank's funeral and thought I saw McGuinness acting as pall bearer?

Frank did some years in Para Regt in Palestine so presumably a National Serviceman...

What right does McGuinness have if he thinks he can muscle in?

2. Aye, just seen the local news. He's buried in Milltown. All the 'Big Wigs' were there. Jointery and all that!

3. Seems fair enough, they both worked for the British Government at some point.

• Like Like x 6
  4. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Good practise for shouldering Big Ians.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Some of the newspapers state that he was a National Serviceman but it's more likely, to his credit, that he would have joined as a volunteer as NS or conscription never applied to Northern Ireland.

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Pity they could not swap places!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Maybe Martin McGuinness was standing in for First Minister Robinson as Robinson feared criticism for attending a RC Mass.

8. Well the famous British Army tout McGuinness is now paying his dues

• Like Like x 1
  9. I think and hope we are long past that degree of sectarian bollix.

10. Who is the geezer on the right with the tabs?

11. His nephew, serves with Princess Patricia's Light Infantry (Canada)

12. I remember a newspaper story some years ago saying he had performed at a Sinn Fein fundraiser. iirc his agent played it down saying it was for charity, not for the IRA. Anyone recall this?

13. I find it hard to believe, unless he'd changed his act radically. Sexism & borderline racism wouldn't sit well with their image. Murder's grand like, but you don't want to be calling a spade a spade.