France v Italy - Handbags at Dawn

Of course it is going to depend on who you knock about with.

FYG I work for a large multinational, who have "kindly"had me working in both Switzeralnd (where I lived over the border in France) and Spain.
Both offices were very international in work-force make-up, and both city locations were/are very international in demographic content.

The point I make is that your observation is not, necessarily, giving a complete picture.
True, but nor is yours.

And I have done the Frontallier thing with a multinational as well .

Pob02

LE
Book Reviewer
True, but nor is yours.

And I have done the Frontallier thing with a multinational as well .
Which I never purported it did.

All but two British expats I know personally are deeply in favour of Brexit despite the fact that they will have to make adjustments to the way they work or live overseas. Don't tar us all with the same brush :cool:
Make that three.

I am not deeply in favor of Brexit, but neither am I deeply against it.

I AM deeply in favor of democracy, but pragmatic about the economic reality.

My wife and I have agreed that we would really like to buy the neighboring property if it ever comes up for sale. That doesn't mean we will be able to afford to so, if/when the day comes.

But I don't live in the EU, and it's none of my business really.

Returning to the France/Italy spat, France is a nuclear power with a permanent seat on the UNSC. A bit odd then that such a powerful nation has put itself in such a position as to have excessive exposure to the Italian economy.

Make that three.

My wife and I have agreed that we would really like to buy the neighboring property if it ever comes up for sale. That doesn't mean we will be able to afford to so, if/when the day comes.

Returning to the France/Italy spat, France is a nuclear power with a permanent seat on the UNSC. A bit odd then that such a powerful nation has put itself in such a position as to have excessive exposure to the Italian economy.
I think you may have misread my post

This will help the situation. This will only reinforce the idea that Italy is on its own when it comes to the illegals making the trip across the Med. Germany's actions in the past have now ensured a large % of EU residents are pretty much against further migration of illegals.

France says no to Sea-Watch migrants - English

France has changed its mind about taking a share of the 47 asylum seekers that recently disembarked from the Sea-Watch search-and-rescue ship in Sicily after a lengthy standoff, Italian interior ministry sources said Friday.

This could get really messy. Imagine the confusion if the French capitulate before the Italians get a chance to change sides, they'd both have to surrender to themselves.....

I brought my first car of an ex Italian POW who had been caputured by the Allies in North Africa, he had no time for Germans and said they the ordinary soldier just were ill equipped for the desert whilst the officers had traveling brothels and wine cellars.

Add to that they had a good 1st WW
The British army had a fictitious bus full of nurses and a yellow handbag.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Evzones - don't mention Turkey

Since when have banks started to make really prudent decisions? The whole 2007/8 crisis was caused by these idiots tying themselves to one "big idea." The housing market in the U.S. And that exposed the banks across the world.

Make that three.

...and increasingly reliant upon Russian gas.

Does this mean many of the ex-pats, who have been slagging off Britain since the referendum, will start asking for British troops to protect them in their paradise?
I'm staying put and in case of any trouble can I have the FFL to protect me please? :-D

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
You, to my knowledge, have never 'slagged off Britain.'

here y'go:

Last edited:

Latest Threads