France v Ireland

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by the_guru, Sep 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The first real game of the championship, and by that, I feel that the loser is out.
    So, who will it be?
    My money is on the French, because the Irish have been awful recently, and there appears to be discord in the camp.
    But as has been pointed out, WTF do I know...
  2. Its a clever ploy to lull the french into a false sense of security.

ireland going to hand several arses to several frogs!
  3. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

i hope you back the wrong horse guru ... i put my shirt on the irish
  4. Good game, good game! And they've even got the ref involved! :D
  5. Too much kicking the thing, silly penalty giveaways by half time. 12-3 And no need for it. The Frogs look tighter though.
  6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Ireland! Oh dear. That must be one of the worst performances Ireland have put on in many a long time. Book your tickets home now.

Having said that, France were not exactly inspiring either - but definitely the better team on the day.
  7. I think that their performance against Georgia was worse, to say the least. The French were excellent and were there to win.
  8. As galling as it is for me to say it, I think the Scots have been the best/least worst of the Home Nations in the competition so far.

That being said, I still want them to lose to Italy next week, and not because I'm anti-Scot - I want all the Home Nations to fail to get through to the QFs. It's going to take something drastic like all of them having to qualify for 2011 - with the potential of one or more failing to do so - to drag Northern Hemisphere rugby out of the dungheap it is currently residing in.
  9. Ireland looked (in the first half) as if they might well be able to pull it back come the second half, but, erm, they didn't! I'm really not gloating because England's performance to date has been as uninspiring and I've no confidence that we'll send Samoa packing tomorrow...
  10. A strong clinical French performance. Currently looking the best of the Northern Hemisphere sides despite the awful start against the Pumas.

Ireland may have given themselves too much of a hill to climb, as the Pumas are very good defensively.
  11. A strange decision not to play Stringer.

Ireland were comprehensively beaten.
  12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I think that Stringer is a total cnut. He spends most of the game winding up the referee trying to get decisions in Ireland's favour.

However, he is a great rugby player and would rather have him in my team than against. Agree with T-G, a strange decision, unless he is carrying an injury to his tongue or voicebox :wink:
  13. Indeed, you have just described the perfect Scrum Half. Delete Stringer from you comments and insert Gregan, Dawson, Armstrong.......
  14. There is only one perfect scrum-half and his name is Fourie du Preez.