France to pick up Franco-Israeli Jews

I wonder if America will be doing the same for American Jews - if so they might need a bigger navy.
Nah, we have enough Real Aircraft carriers and then some to spare. With 286 Ships including 11 Aircraft Carriers, 9 amphibious assault ships, 8 amphibious transport docks, 12 dock landing ships, 22 cruisers, 61 destroyers, 26 frigates, 71 submarines, 2 littoral combat ships I think you got a Better chance to teach your Grandma to suck eggs....;)

After their experience with the "Palestine Patrol" 1944-48, Israeli Jews still have a fear of the words 'Royal Navy'!
Glad someone does....Sure the Iranians dont

Well, if I was Jewish, I'd seriously be looking at defending the Promised Land in khaki rather than hot-footing it down to the beach without a towel. There's an annoying Paki at work who was born in the UK and sounds like something out of Eastenders. Not once has he been 'back' to Pakistan, yet he refers to the land of his ilk as 'home'. Well I'm Anglo-Irish and never once have I referred to Bogtrotterland as 'home' - and nor would I want to go to the rain-soaked shithole. Some people need to make a decision as to just what they are, and nailing colours to masts is a good start.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Even that lot won't be enough to pick up every Israeli with a US passport.

Oh, and if we're talking interaction between our respective navies and various Arab nations in the Gulf, I should point out that one of our navies has been hit by 2 Exocets, been rammed by a suicide bomber and run over a mine despite being told not to and one of our navies hasn't.

And when British people are taken hostage in Iran we don't try a failed rescue, killing our own people, then bribe the Iranians with illegal weapons to get them back.

Nah, we have enough Real Aircraft carriers and then some to spare. With 286 Ships including 11 Aircraft Carriers, 9 amphibious assault ships, 8 amphibious transport docks, 12 dock landing ships, 22 cruisers, 61 destroyers, 26 frigates, 71 submarines, 2 littoral combat ships I think you got a Better chance to teach your Grandma to suck eggs....;)

Glad someone does....Sure the Iranians dont
I think you'll find your Navy is rather tied up a the moment keeping the yellow hordes assorted in check.

Why do we allow dual nationality? If someone wants a new nationality that ought to cancel their old one automatically. Anyone who thinks being British isn't good enough for them isn't good enough to be British.
To be perfectly fair, British emigrants have been amongst the worst offenders in this respect. They have fetched up in places like Australia and South Africa while carefully keeping hold of their British passports.

ugly

LE
Always had something approaching contempt for those holding dual nationality. Something very uncommitted about holding just-in-case passports.
I'm sorry but I disagree, its the cnuts who wail on the telly about why HMG who they arent paying into arent helping them in another country. If we go and get these cnuts they should pay for it!

Alsacien

LE
To be perfectly fair, British emigrants have been amongst the worst offenders in this respect. They have fetched up in places like Australia and South Africa while carefully keeping hold of their British passports.
Too right.
I'll not be letting go of my Brit passport, but I doubt I'll ever live in UK full-time again through choice - there are better places to live and work!
Neither will I ever be holding my hand out to HMG.

Even that lot won't be enough to pick up every Israeli with a US passport.

Oh, and if we're talking interaction between our respective navies and various Arab nations in the Gulf, I should point out that one of our navies has been hit by 2 Exocets, been rammed by a suicide bomber and run over a mine despite being told not to and one of our navies hasn't.

And when British people are taken hostage in Iran we don't try a failed rescue, killing our own people, then bribe the Iranians with illegal weapons to get them back.
They might have to call up old timers like us to lead the exodus of British Jews from Israel so stop whingeing and check that you can still fit into your Red Sea Rig.

Too right.
I'll not be letting go of my Brit passport, but I doubt I'll ever live in UK full-time again through choice - there are better places to live and work!
Unless you are living in an EU country, why would you?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Why do we allow dual nationality? If someone wants a new nationality that ought to cancel their old one automatically. Anyone who thinks being British isn't good enough for them isn't good enough to be British.
Because some of us were born with it and don't see any reason to abrogate one over the other.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Too right.
I'm with you on that old boy. I'll be eligible for Canadian citizenship next year but will be keeping my uk passport in order to make things easier during my annual visit to Blighty.

Somehow, I don't think I'll be needing HM government to come rescue me from Alberta. Quebec maybe, but not Alberta.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE

Germany have sent some trains to ferry out the Jews. Not just German ones, but Baltic, Slav, Russian & other European nationalities. They've even set up special camps to concentrate all these Jews together. The showers they've installed in them are to die for apparently. And food won't be a problem either with the massive ovens they've got on site.

Bloody good chaps those Huns.

Sent from my Speak and Spell using White Mans Magic.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Germany have sent some trains to ferry out the Jews. Not just German ones, but Baltic, Slav, Russian & other European nationalities. They've even set up special camps to concentrate all these Jews together. The showers they've installed in them are to die for apparently. And food won't be a problem either with the massive ovens they've got on site.

Bloody good chaps those Huns.

Sent from my Speak and Spell using White Mans Magic.
That was very nearly funny.

Nearly, but not quite.

There's probably far more Pakistanis than Israelis with a Brit or US second passport and the odds of them flitting en masse are probably an order of magnitude greater as unlike Israel Pakistani faces real existential threats and has a bonkers military that might well innate a nuclear exchange and then run for the exits.

The Israelis won't be hop footing it anywhere, if the missiles start flying you can bet your new edition of Razzle that they will fire first, strike faster and harder than anyone around them, they are master tacticians and as the 6 day and Yom Kippar wars showed, they can take on all around them and beat them like you would a Ginger step kid!

The Israelis won't be hop footing it anywhere, if the missiles start flying you can bet your new edition of Razzle that they will fire first, strike faster and harder than anyone around them, they are master tacticians and as the 6 day and Yom Kippar wars showed, they can take on all around them and beat them like you would a Ginger step kid!
That would be the Yom Kippur war where they were beaten to a draw by the Gypos?

You also seem to have missed the rather embarssing defeats, plural, at the hand of Hizbullah in the 80's and again in 2006.

A Mideast ..... war is a near cert.
There is usually a big one every decade (excl the 90's), helps blow away the cobwebs.

The French ostensibly have plans to send their Marine Nationale to pick up 100s of 1000s of dual nationality Franco-Israeli Jews from the Israeli coast.?
Oddly enough a Polish work colleague was talking about buying an open air ticket in case of such a conflict. However, she only moved to Israel as she had married an Israeli man and was not pleased at the prospect of being in a big shooting match.