France has emerged as America’s closest European ally in security policy

jim30

LE
Bless, I got a BS from that well known military expert Spider38 for saying this:

"Having seen very closely what is going on with Mid East ops at the moment, I would say this is an interesting work of fiction."

Perhaps Spider could tell us which specific part of the Middle East challenge he's working with right now to help put his informed rating in context.

Good for them it's always nice to have a mate for these things.
Hope they both enjoy each others company.

alib

LE
Having seen very closely what is going on with Mid East ops at the moment, I would say this is an interesting work of fiction.
Paris is at the moment along with Ankara trying to Prod a wary Barry into get up to his auxters in Syria. He's still suffering politically from Sarko's hijinks in Libya. The days when Paris sulked like a Camus reading teenager on the edges of DC's misadventures may soon be a fond memory.

Well firstly @ViroBono it seems bad language is acceptable depending on who is saying it ,keeping up you're impecable standards i see

Bless, I got a BS from that well known military expert Spider38 for saying this:

"Having seen very closely what is going on with Mid East ops at the moment, I would say this is an interesting work of fiction."

Perhaps Spider could tell us which specific part of the Middle East challenge he's working with right now to help put his informed rating in context.

Now then weepy i utilise the various buttons as i see fit and i dont complain when i get bad ones .I do not agree with you at all .

However our countrys fall in American opinion especially in DC is palpable ,we have shown our military hand and it has not impressed ,indeed i have read and heard that many Americans lay the blame of Afghanistan at the door of Britain.

You are clearly one of the people that believes we still have a special relationship with them [that tag is laughed at in America] ,our relationship with them is based on spying and a good deal of subserviance it also worth bearing in mind that France is Americas oldest Allie.

You also seem to be alluding to the fact you are on the inside in some aspect of the middle east , haven't you done well so far?i bet peace is just round the corner .

The problems in the middle east today can almost all be laid at the door of the Foreign office and people like you ,that expensive education of yours [i guess] comes with a sense of superiority that you have now shown here. .

Well firstly @ViroBono it seems bad language is acceptable depending on who is saying it ,keeping up you're impecable standards i see

Reported the swearing, did you? No, I see you didn't. I regret that The ability to guess what is going on everywhere on ARRSE is not amongst my many talents, just as following simple rules clearly does not feature in your skill set.

After your last frothing rant at me, I recommended that you grow up, because failing to post with CA rules will attract moderation. That advice hasn't changed, and you would do well to follow it, because you have now put yourself on the moderation radar again.

jim30

LE
"he problems in the middle east today can almost all be laid at the door of the Foreign office and people like you ,that expensive education of yours [i guess] comes with a sense of superiority that you have now shown here. "

You know, I was going to give a reasoned argument in response till I saw that outrageous last statement.

How DARE you suggest that I'm anything to do with the FCO. Some of us have standards Dear Boy...

S0I

LE

Now then weepy i utilise the various buttons as i see fit and i dont complain when i get bad ones .I do not agree with you at all .

However our countrys fall in American opinion especially in DC is palpable ,we have shown our military hand and it has not impressed ,indeed i have read and heard that many Americans lay the blame of Afghanistan at the door of Britain.

You are clearly one of the people that believes we still have a special relationship with them [that tag is laughed at in America] ,our relationship with them is based on spying and a good deal of subserviance it also worth bearing in mind that France is Americas oldest Allie.

You also seem to be alluding to the fact you are on the inside in some aspect of the middle east , haven't you done well so far?i bet peace is just round the corner .

The problems in the middle east today can almost all be laid at the door of the Foreign office and people like you ,that expensive education of yours [i guess] comes with a sense of superiority that you have now shown here. .

We have a unique and exceptionally close relationship with the Americans.
You may not agree, but there it is.

We have a unique and exceptionally close relationship with the Americans.
You may not agree, but there it is.

i do agree ,but there are other countrys that have a similar relationships ,Japan and Australia are two i dont here them constantly talking about a 'special relationship'.

jim30

LE
The best way to characterise this is that there is something called the 5 EYEs community. France is not a member. They will never be a member. Being in the 5 EYES community brings access, influence and an ability to shape US thinking. No one country has a super duper special relationship with the US, but the UK and Australia are light years ahead of the French/US relationship.

The best way to characterise this is that there is something called the 5 EYEs community. France is not a member. They will never be a member. Being in the 5 EYES community brings access, influence and an ability to shape US thinking. No one country has a super duper special relationship with the US, but the UK and Australia are light years ahead of the French/US relationship.

so you believe Britain influences American thinking ,on what exactly...

jim30

LE
I don't believe, I know we do and have seen how at first hand for many years. Your call if you want to either accept reality, or believe what the airsofters tell you.

I don't believe, I know we do and have seen how at first hand for many years. Your call if you want to either accept reality, or believe what the airsofters tell you.

Go on jim.

S0I

LE
It's really simple...

Britain is the grumpy and on his uppers but proud old father, America is the eldest son, fiesty, rich and sucessful, him and his father argue a lot, but he's his fathers favourite son and will always be there for him.
Canada is a younger son, he's a bit snooty and brought disgrace to the family by shacking up with some French bird called Quebec, but his heart is in the right place and he's a steady one in a corner.
Australia, the next youngest son, full of swagger, he's fit and handsome and sometimes spends too much time on his tan than the chores, but he's always there in a family crisis swinging with both fists.
And then we have New Zealand, the youngest son, he's a bit of an embarassment at times, but we all love him and he does his best.

France may fondly dream of getting close to America, but the father and his 4 sons are bound by blood. France will always be the kid with his faced pushed up at the window wondering what the 'family' are talking about.

Paris is at the moment along with Ankara trying to Prod a wary Barry into get up to his auxters in Syria. He's still suffering politically from Sarko's hijinks in Libya. The days when Paris sulked like a Camus reading teenager on the edges of DC's misadventures may soon be a fond memory.
And just why is France taking this stance? Absolutely nothing to do with Rafale sales is it? Oh no sir, couldn't possibly be that. I've nowt against this sales tactic BTW but our recent history indicates that invading ME countries is not a good idea. If France wants to go ahead and smash Assad then fair play to them......;-)

"Go on jim."

I would, but frankly in your case I can't be arrsed to bother.

well you have made a bold statement and now i intend to hold your feet to the fire ..if not for me then for others .

jim30

LE
Spider - usually on this forum I try to make a point of explaining and backing up what I've said to set context. In your case though I can't be bothered because its akin to taking a toddler to a nuclear physics letter and expecting them to comprehend what is being said.

alib

LE
And just why is France taking this stance? Absolutely nothing to do with? Rafael sales is it? Oh no sir, couldn't possibly be that. I've nowt against this sales tactic BTW but our recent history indicates that invadding ME countries is not a good idea. If France wants to go ahead and smash Assad then fair play to them......;-)
Well yes, I put my Septic hat on and I get a little bit adverse to allies with no intention of putting serious skin in the game yelling tally ho. The Saudis at least are decent enough to offer a healthy bribe on occasion.

Latest Threads