France displaces UK as closest US European Ally

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AndyPipkin, Oct 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Hehe yeah right. I know we accuse the yanks of being a bit dim but even Bushie and pals can't be dumb enough to trust the Frogs over us.
  2. giggle giggle ...and...and ....palestinians are going to aknowledge Israels right to existance
  3. More scaremongering using a single, anonymous source.

A Tory government at any price eh?
  4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Err more like a stupid piece of journalism which we saw through in the first paragraph. Hence the giggling at the beginning of our posts.

Not entirely sure how you got the Tory bit in there matey. But then again maybe in your parallel universe the story reads differently.

Just like your ravings it's bollox.
  5. How is this scaremongering? If Harry Spam want's to snuggle up to Jacqies Le Frog then that's fine by me. If anything this is a pro-labour article suggesting that Broon will be rather less of a lickspittle to the Shaved Chimp than TCB was, hence Spam francophilia.
  6. Can they become any more desperate? Yeah, they probably could.
  7. I'm trying desperately not to bite over things like this but it's getting harder by the day. FFS we have lost more troops in Iraq than all the other members of the Coalition combined (except the US, of course) and are still there after many, many others have left - Spain, Italy and The Netherlands spring to mind. And Basra isn't half as bad as it's sometimes painted - I'd rather live there than Baghdad, for example. Not even mentioning Afghanistan. If this is the real attitude of some across the pond, they are ungrateful, dishonourable tossers at best.
  8. Even the most noble fellow will occasionally choose to get into bed with a prostitute, than go for a beer with a true mate.

Not that I'm suggesting that Septics are nobles.
  9. :lol: remember D Day, one U.S. soldier said after landing, never saw a French man, still they were all at Paris to greet Degaul he kicked out the Germans apparently? :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe the Americans have taken a liking to snails not burgers :lol:
  10. Sh*g or beer? It depends on your age I suppose.

11. My bold
  12. The Septics are welcome to the Frogs as long as they cut them out of urup and drag them over their side of the pond.
  13. This headline is bound to have a great many French men & women choking on their morning café :D
  14. No doubt Washington is trying to a counter to Germany's increasing ambition, but whether they'll cozy to Sarkozy (I'm a poet and I know it) is a different matter. If they start calling it a 'special' relationship, the Frogs'll be running for cover and ramping up their LLAD.