France and EC push for Palestinians to get £23m blocked aid

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Feb 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it wise to offer this aid in order to reach out to hammas in the hope they will reform, or will it be seen as a sign of weakness by the west (at least in the eyes of hamas)???

Torygraph

2. Fekkin French have probably negotiated a contract to re-build Palestine.

3. I suspect it will be seen as fawning weakness and appeasement. Those that live and prosper by violence seem to me to respond more to strength than reason. But i could well be wrong, and i think with the palestinisan elections it wasn't Hamas wot won it, it was Fatah wot lost it, by being corrupt and generally useless, so maybe there will be pressure from within Palestine for hamas to become more moderate.

4. Not surprised at all, I read that Ahmedinejad is ready to stump up a billion or two.

5. Why is the EU giving this money (foreign aid) when its own member countries need help and they say they need more tax money for objectives?

6. But they have also used that community work to effectively buy the vote of the people and to 'educate' the population in their belief that Isreal must be destroyed and the west as being the great satan..

Reminds me Of Pablo Escobar and Numerous other terrorist organisations.

7. Why bother anything they build the israels will bomb and they wont be grateful if we do give them aid .