fractured my wrist, just before basic???????

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by nips123x, Dec 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ive fractured my wrist with basic coming up in jan, at the moment it looks like ive got to have a operation. what will happen next? how long will it be before i can do basic? will i get told to come back in six months?
  2. You'll probably get told to delay until wrist is suitably strong enough to be up to the job and when the next available place is on the course. (Frustrating as fook - but not worth injuring yourself more if you're not ready.) Hope it's all sorted soon.

3. went to the hospital yesterday, its a three month wait until the operation, then maybe three months healing, will they still keep me on?
  4. msr

msr LE

Yes. Just let them know the situation.
  5. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

It is simply not worth the time and effort for your unit to discharge you, only to enlist you again at a six months down the line, provided your injury and operation are not likely to have a lasting medical effect. You should be kept on as a Recruit i.e. someone who has completed their paperwork, medical, passed selection and attested. Your change in status to a Soldier Under Training doesn't occur till you actually begin Phase 1 training, but that shouldn't stop you attending drill nights till that time.

It may be a long haul, but stick with. Good luck!