Foxhound is replacing?

Discussion in 'Tanks, planes & ships' started by Tweed Man, May 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering what vehicles the foxhound will replace after we withdraw from Afghanistan?

2. God you ask some ******* dull questions.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Well according to the MoD the snatch so even if we arent in the current sandpit we will have the capability to carry out such operations. I expect we wont buy many!

4. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Snatch, and we are buying a LOT....

5. How many do you call a lot? 100?

6. 7

• Like Like x 1
  7. I thought it was 3, with four in mothballs, fitted for but without wheels, engines and fire extinguishers.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Fitted for, but not with Wheels...?

Fitted for, but not with Engines...?

Edited to add: Bollox beaten to it by the Wookie.

• Like Like x 2
  9. But 1000 for the Reserve Fleet.

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Well they need to get a lick on as Ricardo were laying staff off dure to a lack of orders and also binned a few apprentices days before they were due to start work.

11. Its not just Foxhound but more a case of what equipments will be bought into the core programme post-Afghanistan and which will be phased out, or declared not required and sold. If I were feeling a little more diligent I'd try and interpret the meanderings in army 2020 and make a more informed guess but.................. oh, donuts................. I like donuts.....

• Like Like x 1
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Asking questions like that , well you may as well try and second guess a women getting her outfit sorted for an evening out!

13. As already stated, Foxhound should be replacing Snatch, both as a UOR for Herrick, and as (I believe) a core platform.

If it goes well, we might also end up seeing variants of it doing jobs currently carried out by the like of Jackal, WMIK, and some of the TSV fleet...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Extravagant bastard.

15. Have you seen the Springer ATV?