Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Fox hunting? Toff hunting?

I have been following a couple of stories about 'Hunts' going out as per tradition only they now go drag hunting (Some foxes may be harmed during this activity) as fox hunting is banded/illegal as demanded by all the hunt saboteurs and they succeed, now the impression I had at the beginning is that the liberal tree huggers were really angry about the 'well heeled' rich folk and didn't care that much about the fox, it was just a convenient rallying call. Well now it seems this is validated as they are still protesting about the rich country folk dressing up and chasing aniseed around the countryside.
Liberals don't give a sh1t about the poor and disenfranchised they just hate anyone with money.

********* using a 'cause' as an excuse to make trouble. Nothing new unfortunately. The same kind of idiots do the same kind of nonsense whenever they can, and for whatever 'cause' is fashionable this week.

Hunt saboteurs seldom target those posh gentleman who bait badgers and conduct dog fighting.

I wonder why?

Probably because they'd get stabbed in the face. Not like those huntsmen who'd come up with something like "Oh I say old bean, get your mitts off Harvey, what."

Don't confuse "Liberals" with animal rights activists or *animal lovers, they are not even if they are right to protest fox hunting or not you couldn't talk to one without getting them in a fkn choke-hold.

*they don't love animals they just hate humans.

Although most of the people that participate in drag, (not fox) hunting on horseback may have a few bob, in my experience they are frequently outnumbered by the people who follow on foot and are not very well off at all.
Its a countryside pursuit that is not only an entertaining social gathering but also an important part of rural living to keep the fox numbers down.

I used to live next door to a guy who was a hunt sab, very strange, highly intelligent, brought up in a good home and a good job
but his attitude to the fox hunters bordered on terrorism
he also liked to drink and drive thinking he was above the law
very strange fella

Someone once (I cannot remember who) said:
"In America, when a factory worker sees his boss doing down the street in Mercedes he says to himself 'Someday I'm going to have one of those things' but in Britain when a factory worker sees his boss driving in a Mercedes he says 'Someday I'm going to take that away from that posh bastard' "

We have fox hunting here in the US also. The daughter of a friend worked as a paid whipper-in for a hunt for several years. She married the huntsman of her hunt and now they run a stable and training facility. One of their specialties is teaching women how to jump/hunt sidesaddle. My friend sent me a video clip of his son-in-law trying sidesaddle for the first time. He stayed on and made the jumps but it was funny to watch.

Although most of the people that participate in drag, (not fox) hunting on horseback may have a few bob, in my experience they are frequently outnumbered by the people who follow on foot and are not very well off at all.
Its a countryside pursuit that is not only an entertaining social gathering but also an important part of rural living to keep the fox numbers down.

Not only, but also the fact that a wider economy is generated by it.

Animal feed, livery and equipment, to name but a few.

I agree it is a social gathering and I'm very aware that not all the many riders are farmers, workers or like that don't have a private income they just enjoy the event. I am having trouble with the hunt saboteurs that have what they demanded and now continue to harass people just because they can.