Fourth plinth designs include giant Battenberg cake

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Mentlegen, Aug 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. YES!!

So many people with their heads so far up their own arses!!
  2. Trafalgar Square is supposed to be dedicated to the nation's military triumphs; thats what the land and statuary were bought specifically for. Personally, I find it offensive that they demean the place by putting that "kool Britannia" sh*te on the fourth plinth.....
  3. Is it? I know Nelson's column was paid for out public subscriptions and if the establishment of the day had got their way it wouldn't ave been built but showing our gratitude for saving us from the Froggies is a long way short of brit Arc De Triumph, do tell if you know different.

I'll second the proposal for a statue of a luvvie with their head up their arse - preferably a lady luvvie.
  4. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

5. Mmmm. Battenberg.

6. Well you cooouuuld stretch it as far as the fact that Mountbatten was the 'Anglicisation' of Battenberg, along the lines of Wettin = Windsor.
  7. No to all of them."An examination of the idea of hero"? More like a load of charity shop tat heaped upon a second-rate sculpture.We could move the Wellington Statue back to London (if it would fit), but it's been part of Aldershot for so long (hold on - they moved the Dakota). Perhaps a statue of Stephen Fry as Wellington in Blackadder.Ticks both military and luvvie boxes.
  8. Leave it empty. Pour encourager les autres

Or perhaps we could have a cross, the base made from the bottom 4 inches of a 105mm shell. The actual cross made from five 30mm rarden casings.