Fourteen U.S. Marines and a civilian interpreter killed

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cpl_ripper, Aug 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fresh off the news-wire

Fourteen marines and their civilian translator have been killed in a roadside bombing in north-western Iraq, the US military says.
    It is one of the deadliest attacks on US forces since the 2003 invasion.
    It happened near the city of Haditha, in the same area as an incident on Monday in which six US marines were killed by hostile gunfire.
    The city is near the Syrian border in an area that has seen frequent insurgent assaults against US troops.
    The military said one other marine was wounded in the bombing.

2. bloody hell!!!
    RIP lads
  3. A very sad day for the USMC.

Rest In Peace.

My sympathy to those who mourn.
  4. RIP boys, very very sad
  5. Semper Fidelis fellas
  6. Poor ba%tards.....
    I work with some spams and I've just told them what happened-their reaction was one of, well, if they're resigned to the fact they're going to have an ultra high bodycount
  7. Condolences to the families, colleagues and friends of the fallen.

8. I can only pass on my deepest sympathies for the families and friends these courageous U.S. Marines have left behind, very sad news, I have worked extensively in the past with many former U.S. EOD Marines, all highly professional and great guys!!!

Rest In Peace Fellas...

What We Do In Life...

Echoes In Eternity...
  9. Sincere condolences to the families and colleagues of the fallen, not forgetting the civilian interpreter.

Semper Fi
  10. Six Marines were ambushed and killed the other day. Now the IED killing 14. The Marines are from the same Ohio based reserve unit, 3rd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment. My condolences to their families, friends and to the Marine Corps on their loss.
  11. This is absolutely awful news.