Four Met Bobbies Stabbed in One Incident.

Discussion in 'Police, PMCs, Security' started by Mr_Tigger, Nov 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 4
  1. Stand by for a law preventing butchers having knives.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Don't coppers elsewhere wear stab-proof vests? I thought that was pretty much an SOP nowadays. I know that strathclyde police do. Then again we have dispensed with that rather foolish looking helmet ;)

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

oh thats going to be nasty especially if it had been used on meat before hand.

4. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

They all would have had them but from the list of injuries it looks like he targeted areas that weren't protected, arms, head etc.
    It really is time for the knobs that run the Met to review their policies especially on Taser deployment. Not that that was the best answer here.

5. Best option in dealing with a potentially lethal encounter or one that involves the possibility of having GBH done upon you is a gun. Taser is better than the little metal stick and tin of pepper but not ideal.

Simples.

Hopefully the officers involved will recover sufficiently to go back to work.

• Like Like x 3
  6. With regards to stab vests its the PC's own choice to not wear one i think,

7. Must have been an ethnic as it's not mentioned in the article. If he was white it would have said so.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Filth should be armed with knives, too. But not guns. Would make for a fair fight. Standby for nicknames like Constable "Chib" Murphy
    On a serious note, I hope Victims of Crime provides the Mozzie with a new chopper, since his old one has been defiled by pig blood.

9. I'm pretty sure it's mandatory in the Met. Though their not actually stab vests. Their designed to be ballistic protective and don't actually afford much protection against knives.

10. "Attempted murder"?

Makes you wonder if that charge has anything to do with them being police. I imagine if that was a regular joe then it would be GBH or assault with intent at best. Sounds like he was on a mission though, taking down 4 of them. Does anyone have a real idea of what training police do with regards to disarming an armed assailant? Just curious as I know real life is different to training but some preparation is better than none.

Speedy recovery lads.

11. Get well soon to the officers.

You cannot legislate and prepare for everything.

12. I would like to think that anyone who stabs anyone (no matter who) in the stomach with a 12" knife would be charged with attempted murder.

As for uk plod training for disarming an armed assailant. It doesn't exist, it was, basically, run away, call for an ARV and hope it arrives faster than you can tire out. Which means about 20 minutes at least, in the counties.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Is that for reasons of economy, sexual equality (as in diminutive women not being so great at fighting knife-wielding maniacs so nobody can), Health and Safety (as in if we teach them to fight they can sue for inadequate training if they lose, but if we leave them to be stabbed it's the criminal's fault), or what?

14. been told by mates in the job that certain boroughs are mandated as must wear but even then some dont bother and noone bothers to pick them up on it