Four Lions

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by bigbird67, May 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is anyone going to see this? I just watched a bit about it on The One Show and to be honest, found my self sniggering a bit...which given it's about Jihad, felt a bit wrong!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1341167/

trailer

"We blow summat up!"
    "What shall we blow up?"

"The Internet!"

"Lions tells the story of would-be suicide bombers living in the north of England and their plans to make some sort of grand jihadi gesture. Our wannabe martyrs, Omar (Riz Ahmed), Waj (Kayvan Novak), Barry (Nigel Lindsay), Fessal (Adeel Ahktar) and Hassan (Arsher Ali) aren’t exactly the sharpest tools in the box, figuring out schemes such as strapping bombs to crows. And thinking they can bomb the Internet.

Have a peek at the trailer below and see if you can hear the Daily Mail’s campaign to have the film banned gearing up even now"

I really think this might be funny.....awaits incoming!!

2. Yes ... suicide bombing... what a belly of laughs...

I look forward to his next light hearted romp set in a Nazi Death camp!!

Not so much Hi di hi as Die Jew Die.

3. That's got to be a site record: Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies* in the second post.

*It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1"

4. Well I thought it looked funny!! Exploding crows and suicide bombers dressed as ostriches....winner! Maybe I just have an odd sense of humour! Watch the trailer bit where the weedy bloke tries to fire a rocket at a drone, and tell me that's not slap-stick funny!!

5. Anything Chris Morris does is usually spot on, remember the Brass Eye paedophile special with Andy McNab showing how paedos could camouflage themselves a computor keyboards .......hilarious

6. I'm looking forward to it, lets face it, its not hollywood glamourising the boyos is it or should it be Bollywood?