Four die in protest over desecrated Korans

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, May 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bit of an own goal by the spams. 8O

The rest of the article can be found Here.

2. Images on BBC 24 overnight, showing the locals extremely upset.

Hey , good skills Newsweek :roll:

3. Well i suppose it wouldnt be fair if they just ignored a story like this because it reflects badly on the government. For anyone from the beeb, thats known as unbiased reporting. :D

4. Why do the BBC hate freedom ? Afghanistan has had free and fair elections ! How can anything possibly be wrong over there ? Such protests are obviously islamofascist propaganda !

But seriously ... does the intel gained from the muppets at Guantanamo using Koran abuse techniques outweigh the damage to the US caused by the reaction to same ? I doubt it. Yet again the US has shown that it does not understand the people it needs to influence to get them to stop shooting at them. I really do despair at the narrow minded ignorance and sheer refusal to take other worldviews into account shown. But hey, I'm probably some pinko raghead sympathiser for thinking that.

And for those whining on about the BBC, it does not matter whether they report it or not. The people coming to Iraq and driving semtex specials tend to watch other news sources and they would get the information regardless of what the western media does. Personally I'd like to know how badly we're screwing things up.

5. Who's this "we" Kemo Sabe? 8)