Found medal?

Just come across this on another site. Can anyone help? Paul Summers. MScPaul Summers. MSc HELLO EVERYONE !!! I WORK ON A BUILDING SITE AND FOUND THIS IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME OUT TO RETURN THIS IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!! The name is SGT P. MCPHERSON. 22 SAS 24352554 THANK YOU IF EVERYONE COULD SHARE THIS FOR ME PLEASE I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL. IVE BEEN SERCHING FOR THIS PERSON FOR OVER A WEEK THANK YOU

FB_IMG_1626767894874.jpg

Just come across this on another site. Can anyone help? Paul Summers. MScPaul Summers. MSc HELLO EVERYONE !!! I WORK ON A BUILDING SITE AND FOUND THIS IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME OUT TO RETURN THIS IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!! The name is SGT P. MCPHERSON. 22 SAS 24352554 THANK YOU IF EVERYONE COULD SHARE THIS FOR ME PLEASE I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL. IVE BEEN SERCHING FOR THIS PERSON FOR OVER A WEEK THANK YOU

View attachment 590168
I was under the impression that SF medals would be engraved with the parent regiment, rather than SAS?

I was under the impression that SF medals would be engraved with the parent regiment, rather than SAS?

I might be having a Senior moment.

On reading the OP - My immediate thought was that my medals only had No. Rank & Name.

My medals are 1000's of miles away and cannot check

This item has been discussed on a medal anorak forum of which I'm a member.

It is/was someone's vanity piece. Or an attempted EBay money grab.

The medal is a copy, the details are engraved when the style for official medals (at the time) was impressed.

Further, the naming style is wholly incorrect - '22 SAS'? Puleeese!

. . . and, as a final kicker, it seems that the SAS Association have no record of anyone of that rank, name and number ever having served with the Regiment.

I might be having a Senior moment.

On reading the OP - My immediate thought was that my medals only had No. Rank & Name.

My medals are 1000's of miles away and cannot check
Mine have Regiment (well, Corps) on them.

This item has been discussed on a medal anorak forum of which I'm a member.

It is/was someone's vanity piece. Or an attempted EBay money grab.

The medal is a copy, the details are engraved when the style for official medals (at the time) was impressed.

Further, the naming style is wholly incorrect - '22 SAS'? Puleeese!

. . . and, as a final kicker, it seems that the SAS Association have no record of anyone of that rank, name and number ever having served with the Regiment.
It was on LinkedIn as well and the SF brigade are all over it.

View attachment 590168

I am amused that Paul Summers Msc cannot spell "searching" correctly.

Mayhap he confused it with "ker-ching!".

I am amused that Paul Summers Msc cannot spell "searching" correctly.

Mayhap he confused it with "ker-ching!".
O yes, ebay special forces - SAS etc.
In their day a reasonably punchy SAM was fetching £2k+ so with a kosha SAS attribution it would pay for a post lockdown holiday to Miami for the family!

View attachment 590168
Back in the mists of time, in the late 1980s when I joined, we had a bloke of this name, he was a labourer on building sites. He ended up being booted after having a full-on meltdown and some incident involving his wife and a shotgun.
I wonder...

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Sounds like bollocks to me!

Mine don't *taps nose and stares into the distance*

JohnG walt.

I claim my 5 very handsome and tight buttock house boys

O yes, ebay special forces - SAS etc.
In their day a reasonably punchy SAM was fetching £2k+ so with a kosha SAS attribution it would pay for a post lockdown holiday to Miami for the family!

Virginia Beach, much better.

Latest Threads