Foul Play in Borgas

Sorry to hear that, you guys don't have many safe places to holiday.

There was this earlier this year Bulgaria Thwarts Terror Attack Against Israelis
Bulgaria’s security services recently thwarted a planned terror attack against Israeli tourists in the capital Sofia, it was published on Sunday.

According to reports, the Bulgarians were able to locate suspicious suitcases that had been loaded with explosives and which the terrorists planned to blow up on a bus carrying Israelis who were on their way to a resort in the country.

Local security forces are investigating whether there is a connection between the thwarted attack and a European terrorist cell run by the Lebanon-based Hizbullah group. Also being investigated is a possible connection between the timing of the attack and the approaching anniversary of the 2008 assassination of senior Hizbullah leader Imad Mughniyeh.

Sorry to hear that, you guys don't have many safe places to holiday.
There have been several countries identified as higher risk for Israeli tourists. Recently, there have a been a few counter-terror arrests outside of Israel e.g. Cyprus in the last week or so, by local authorities sometimes with Israeli int involved.

If they cannot get to us here, the terrorists / hostile states will try to get to us in easier targets outside of Israel.

Channel 4 News just reported that Borgas was popular with both Jewish and Arab Israelis. What a bloody shame they have to go abroad for a quiet holiday and meet the same crap as back home.

Channel 4 News just reported that Borgas was popular with both Jewish and Arab Israelis. What a bloody shame they have to go abroad for a quiet holiday and meet the same crap as back home.
Regardless of who was on that bus - the country is shocked and it is obviously the big story on TV tonight here. A poor recompense, but eventually Israel will catch up with the perpetrators.

You keep yanking Iran's chain, with all the assassinations of scientists, and then cry foul when the inevitable happens. I wouldn't expect the rest of the world to get the violins out if I were you, Arik.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
You tell him Taz, distaste at the actions of the Israeli Government totally justifies the murder of innocent civilians.

Clown.

You keep yanking Iran's chain, with all the assassinations of scientists, and then cry foul when the inevitable happens. I wouldn't expect the rest of the world to get the violins out if I were you, Arik.
I honestly would not rely on world sympathy - I blame those civilian tourists for being Israeli & on holiday hence they got what they got. Do you have credible information to say that this was Iran? Do you also have connections with intelligence services?

B

bokkatankie

I honestly would not rely on world sympathy - I blame those civilian tourists for being Israeli & on holiday hence they got what they got. Do you have credible information to say that this was Iran? Do you also have connections with intelligence services?
Your ambassador in UK is saying that it has all the hallmarks of an Iranian attack. Very sad news.

Your ambassador in UK is saying that it has all the hallmarks of an Iranian attack. Very sad news.
Indeed - sad news. The PM here is also mentioned something about Iran, for a while now there have been travel warnings. I was just wondering if Taz had more inside info as he seemed so sure of himself etc. At the moment, Israel's main and real credible enemy is Iran along with it's proxies so it is the default answer. The facts will come out at some point as will the consequences.

The cold blooded murder of tourists is despicable, whatever the country they came from may or may not have done.

Our record is hardly pristine but if a foreign government decided to bomb a coach full of British tourists, I'm sure we'd 'cry foul'.

B

bokkatankie

Interesting point, the US Sec Def is telling Syria that based on half the Government being blown up, they should surrender to the "Freedom Fighters".

Would that not be giving in to terrorism?

Very sad news.

Thoughts and prayers are with the victims, and their families, of this evil attack.

It reminds us all of the courage and resilience shown by the Israeli people in the face of nut cases who have no regard for human life.

It reminds us all of the courage and resilience shown by the Israeli people in the face of nut cases who have no regard for human life.[/QUOTE]

LIKE THE NUTCASES WHO BLEW **** OUT OF GAZA!

Horrible event. It is one thing if they were to go after armed IDF people who might be able to respond but going after innocent civilians is despicable.

With the 2012 Olympics approaching along with discussion of security issues I have been remembering the 1972 Munich Olympics and sitting glued to the TV watching the events unfold. If I recall correctly some of the murderers got away due to the Germans and one is still at large. I would love to turn on the TV one day and find that Mossad had located the bastard.

My sympathy to the Israeli people and to the Mossad, good hunting.

Ziva David will soon get 'em sorted.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Aviation 11
Disgusted of Tonbridge Officers 7
woopert RLC 39