Fostered 16 year old asylum-seeker turns out to be 26 year old thug!

• Susan Johnson became a foster mother after her daughter left home
  • But she has faced 'a cavalier attitude to her safety' from the care system
  • Twice she has had foster 'children' she was incapable of caring for
  • One Afghan 'boy' turned out to be chain-smoking man of 26
  • Another British 15-year-old emptied her bank account of £1,000
  • But she continues to foster, despite her family's objections

Since his arrival 12 days earlier, Farood, an asylum-seeker from Afghanistan, had behaved disgracefully. He constantly reeked of alcohol and treated my house like a hostel rather than a home, coming and going as he pleased.
But it was his physical strength and raw aggression that I found the most frightening.
I’m a 60-year-old widow and retired school secretary, only 5ft tall, and I live on my own. This ‘boy’ on the other hand, was more than 6ft tall, stocky and had a demeanour and physical strength beyond his supposed years.
Where there should have been spots, there was stubble.
Where I’d expected a cowed and frightened child in need of love and a good meal, I found the arrogance and, quite frankly, terrifying swagger of a grown man.
Intimidated and frightened, I quickly stopped trying to enforce any house rules. I could almost see the aggression that bubbled off Farood, how could I match his brute physicality?
Even when I found condoms left casually on his bedside table and received a complaint from my neighbour about him leering at her teenage daughter over the garden fence while he smoked endless cigarettes, I felt powerless to act.
But when I tried to raise my concerns with my key worker — that Farood wasn’t the 16-year-old I’d been told he was — I was fobbed off.

The foster mum who took in a 'vulnerable' boy of 16 - only to find he was a drunken asylum-seeking thug of 26 | Mail Online
Great comment from Australia: "Care workers that can't tell the difference between a 16 and 26 year old, they must have sawdust for brains"

B

Biscuits_AB

She should have phoned up her local EDL representative. She'd have been 'asylum seeker free' in 20 minutes. Mind you it's in the Daily Heil, so he was probably only 9.

I think you will find that the actual phrase used in Oz is "shit for brains",

I’m a 60-year-old widow and retired school secretary, only 5ft tall, and I live on my own. This ‘boy’ on the other hand, was more than 6ft tall, stocky and had a demeanour and physical strength beyond his supposed years.

Where there should have been spots, there was stubble.

Where I’d expected a cowed and frightened child in need of love and a good meal, I found the arrogance and, quite frankly, terrifying swagger of a grown man.
She definitely fucked him.

It happens here regularly, but perhaps not this extent. They come from countries that don't have birth certificates and are coached to claim to be under 18 as then they are given automatic 2 years leave to remain and housed and fed by the care system. The only way border control can dispute their claim to be under 18 is by dental examination, but they won't ever do that as it's 'invasive'

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

It happens here regularly, but perhaps not this extent. They come from countries that don't have birth certificates and are coached to claim to be under 18 as then they are given automatic 2 years leave to remain and housed and fed by the care system. The only way border control can dispute their claim to be under 18 is by dental examination, but they won't ever do that as it's 'invasive'

This is truly shocking. I demand blood in the streets this instant, if not sooner.

But back in the day - pre EU and Human Rights - all that was required was a signed statement from a Chief Immigration Officer corroborated by a Police Inspector (Custody) to the effect that the subject was clearly an adult.

There's an age-determination test that involves x-raying wrist bones. Evidently some part of it either fuses or separates or something, and no amount of connivance or manipulation will avoid detection. Sorts those under and over 18-19.

But it's probably too invasive to do this either. Shit for brains.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Hmm... no checks you say?

I might give it a shot - tip up at Dun Laoghaire smiling and shrugging my shoulders.

See if anyone will take me in.