Forza 4 xbox 360

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by MOANING_BARSTEWARD, Feb 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just bought Forza 4, I want to join a club.

So far i have found clubs to be either:

1. Over enthusiastic enthusiasts, People that would bore James May to tears.

2. Kids who also like COD, who ram you off the track and then send you well funny messages about your mum (with speshul speeling)

Do any of you lot have a club that races just for a laugh / to entertain yourselves in the evening that is somewhere in the middle of the 2 groups
    above. IE not car geniuses and with correctly spelt mum jokes?

2. I too have FM4. Quite frankly I do not have enough time to even complete the events in the standalone game, let alone start looking for a club to do online racing.

For the record, I play it with all the "assists" turned off and the highest level of oposing driver skill in an attempt to make it as realistic as possible and find I have great trouble winning any race involving R3 (or faster) category vehicles.

One gripe I have is - where have all the Porches gone?

3. I too have found similar problems when racing on line. To find a club suited to you go to this web site
    Forza Motorsport 4
    This is tied to Xbox live as well.

4. Didn't want to start a new thread so hijacking this one, just started creating a Forza 4 livery for the Ford GT (the race (le mans?)version not the commercial) including the union jack and the ARRSE logo, was talking to someone from here a while ago saying I would create the ARRSE logo in game and only just got round to it, anyone still on this game?

5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

yeah, it's the best driver on the 360 imho. managed to get into the top 2% of people who've lapped Le Mans and the 'Ring... but no idea how the people at the very top of the leaderboard have managed to get the times they have. (the no.1 guy has a time of around three minutes around Le Mans - the 'real' lap record is about 3.19 - I can do it in the game in about 3.32. where he's shaving a full half minute off me...the mind boggles.

6. If he's at the top you should be able to download his ghost and follow his lap, try that? Or look for his tune on the store-front also helps, theres a few parts on conversions that can really add the legs to some builds.

7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

thats a point...can you remove the restrictors off the R1 LMP class cars if you've bought them do you know?

8. Photo0112.jpg
    This is my start on the logo (edit to add: doing it in black and white for this car and will add colour another time)
    Photo0113.jpg
    and the car

9. Yes you can, remove restrictions on the engine and few other bits with the tires and transmission I believe.
    Which car are you driving?
    Edit to add: i have sent you a friend request

10. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

when I set my times I was just driving the standard R1 class cars...knocked a bit off the downforce for straight-line speed and softened the suspension a bit for more mechanical grip. think I've only got R2 cars in my garage, hence why I've not been able to mess around with them beyond basic setup.

have you bought the Ford Falcon or the Dodge Challenger yet? ;)

11. Some of the lower end R1 cars can be upgraded but if you unrestricted the top end ones such as the peugeot they become X class and have no leader board.
    I have the 1973 Ford Falcon (has an incredibly basic "Beck's" design on it)
    The 2009 Challenger I also have but I presume you were referring to the 1970 one?

12. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I am - did you notice the acheivement you unlocked when you bought the Falcon?

13. Was a while ago so no. Reference to love the beast?
    Edit to add: WIP
    Photo0114.jpg
    and thats all for today

14. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

no, 'the last of the V-8's.'

mad max?

buy the 1970 Challenger. ;)

15. Ah right, just got the challenger (looks very nice in jet black) and unlocked the title "vanisher".
    Also updated my previous post with a WIP