Forwarding Emails to DII

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Papa Smurf, Jun 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not really JPA related but wasn't sure where else to put this. I've heard that you can forward emails from your civi account to your DII account and vice versa. Is this true and if yes, how do you do it?
  2. Yes

Either send it to your personal E-mail, ie or your role address, some of your e-mails may be quarantined for 24 hours dependent on content, however, I have always received mine.
  3. I never seem to get any of my emails between my civi accounts (both yahoo and armynet) and Dii. Do you have to send messages as a forwarded email?
  4. I have no problems, however, you need to ensure if you are sending to your roe account that it is a full E-mail address ie, if you are sending from DII to civvie you need the release phrase at the start also
  5. If you are sending from DII to civvy, you need to put in the subject box 'Release-authorised:' so it will reach you.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ah right, never knew that! Was wondering why every email I get on Dii has the same subject beginning. Will give it a go Monday.
  7. So that is the magic key for leaking. What happens if you play with release-* ie the hounds, to the press, instant sunshine on Bradford...

Doing it with a finger or two,eyes scrunched a bit near the screen, trying to make sure I don't make a mess or mistake in the process.
  8. Do you have access to the intERnet from DII? If you haven't, all the above won't work. Either because you have an 'Occasional' DII account without EGS (internet access) rather than a 'Standard' account with EGS, or you haven't electronically signed SYOPS in the last 6 months.
  9. It's bounced back at you with a message that says it is undeliverable, and a handy reminder of the correct phrase. It's automated, so won't get the humour.
  10. Not true. E-mails don't require the user to have internet access on their account to be capable of being sent outwith the intranet.
  11. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

This is true, you only need EGS Gateway to bugger around on the internet.

12. You can get on the internet at work?

I didn't know that.......;-)
  13. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator