Formula One

So apparently this season's winner will be the driver with the most wins, not the most points. Point will only be used to break a tie.

Awesome - that should make for some interesting racing (NOT).

It's going back to how it was in the 1970's & early 80's then?
With the new points structure with 12 going to the winner thought that was enough.
Bernie & Max just want to mix it up a bit!!!!

Is there a link to this? F1 website says rules are as 2008

F1 Website said:
The top eight finishers in each Grand Prix score points towards both the drivers’ and the constructors’ world championships, according to the following scale:

1st place: 10 points
2nd place: 8 points
3rd place: 6 points
4th place: 5 points
5th place: 4 points
6th place: 3 points
7th place: 2 points
8th place: 1 point

(The only exception to this is when a race is suspended and cannot be restarted. If less than 75 per cent of the race distance has been completed half points are awarded, and if less than two laps have been completed, no points are awarded.)

For example, if in a given race Jenson Button finishes third for Honda and team mate Rubens Barrichello fifth, then Button and Barrichello score six and four points respectively towards the drivers’ championship, while Honda score ten points (six plus four) towards the constructors’ championship.

The driver with the most points at the end of the season is declared drivers’ champion. Similarly the constructor with the most points is declared constructors’ champion.

In the case of a dead heat for a championship place then the driver or team with the higher number of superior race results will be awarded the place. For example, if McLaren and Renault finish the season top of the table on equal points, then the team with the most race wins will be declared champion.

So , having not looked to closely at the testing, i take it the Ferrari is ultra quick but not the most reliable!! :wink:

Last season was pretty exciting at times, could make the secondhlf of the season dead rubber

Sick_Smoggy said:
So , having not looked to closely at the testing, i take it the Ferrari is ultra quick but not the most reliable!! :wink:

Last season was pretty exciting at times, could make the secondhlf of the season dead rubber
As far as speed is concerned i would place them in this order.

Brawn.

Ferrari.
RedBull.
BMW.
Toyota.
Renault.
Williams.
McLaren.
Force India.
Toro Rosso.

Sick_Smoggy said:
Last season was pretty exciting at times,
Are you referring to the last corner of the last lap of the last race? Other than that I agree with Knocker. Straight, speed, corner, brake and repeat 300 more times. The kids round here in their Subaru's and Seats are more competative. And they don't need insurance so they can really take chances.

PandaLOVE said:
Sick_Smoggy said:
Last season was pretty exciting at times,
Are you referring to the last corner of the last lap of the last race? Other than that I agree with Knocker. Straight, speed, corner, brake and repeat 300 more times. The kids round here in their Subaru's and Seats are more competative. And they don't need insurance so they can really take chances.
Compare to the last 6-7 years, last year was better. You and knocker have a point though, watch the start to first corner, turn over and flick back to watch the last lap!!

Don't know why i'm defending it, i'm more of a bike racing fan. Proper close racing (in most instances). For those not convinced, watch last weeks World supersport race from Qatar or better still find the British Supersport race from 2006 at Donnington park, class :wink: