Formula 1 - 2022 season

While the McMurtry was stunningly quick, why don't they invite the hillclimb boys?

Alledgedy, Graeme Wight Jnr was the fastest up the hill, but his time was "lost".

Home made single seater with a bike engine is the wrong message.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Slight thread drift.

Watching Goodwood and that was a humbling sight. Wayne Rainey, paralysed from the chest down in a career ending accident, on his adapted Yamaha doing the hill climb at speed. - That's courage and the racing spirit.

There’s quite a few disabled racing drivers out there.

Piquet used the N word.
Piquet has a long history of saying stupid things. In 1988 iirc he gave an interview to Playboy (classy) and said Mansell was thick, his wife ugly, impugned Senna's heterosexuality, and finished off by saying that Enzo Ferrari was senile. Comments were later retracted following legal threats.

Funny how Nelson never got a job at Ferrari. Italians have long memories!

Piquet has a long history of saying stupid things. In 1988 iirc he gave an interview to Playboy (classy) and said Mansell was thick, his wife ugly, impugned Senna's heterosexuality, and finished off by saying that Enzo Ferrari was senile. Comments were later retracted following legal threats.

Funny how Nelson never got a job at Ferrari. Italians have long memories!i
I think Lewis handled it well by saying it is an archaic mindset that has no place in the modern world. Merc too were quick to put out a statement.

I can't imagine what it's like to suffer racist abuse because of your skin colour or nationality.

I can imagine that being referred to as 'the n*****', twice, especially by someone you probably looked up to/admired, must be deeply hurtful and extremely offensive.

While the McMurtry was stunningly quick, why don't they invite the hillclimb boys?

Alledgedy, Graeme Wight Jnr was the fastest up the hill, but his time was "lost".

I have seen GWJ loads as lucky enough to live with 20 miles of both Shelsley AND Prestcott!....Used to love the 6R4's and also Nick Mann's nutjob creations (V8 Turbo Moggie and gas turbine whatsit manic tiddler).

Off out to have a quick blat on the old two stroke now as has put me in the mood........

Graeme Wight Jnr is a former Sunday Shootout winner but not a record holder. The event is invitational and split into classes; hillclimb cars have featured in the past but there was no hillclimb class this year.

He wasn't entered this year: here's the list:

Otmar Szafnauer confirms Alpine will be bringing upgrades for the British Grand Prix!

Another team with upgrades for Silverstone. Alpine have looked pretty decent so far, so this will likely move them up a little more. McLaren need to get fingers out!

Funny how Nelson never got a job at Ferrari. Italians have long memories!
Wasn't it his lad that was caught throwing the car into a barrier for a bung?

I think Lewis handled it well by saying it is an archaic mindset that has no place in the modern world. Merc too were quick to put out a statement.

I can't imagine what it's like to suffer racist abuse because of your skin colour or nationality.

I can imagine that being referred to as 'the n*****', twice, especially by someone you probably looked up to/admired, must be deeply hurtful and extremely offensive.
I agree with the sentiment of your post.

Only trouble I have is that had it been one of his hommies say the same word, twice, he'd probably be totally fine with it. I'll happily stand corrected if he admonishes black people for the same. I haven't seen or heard that he has.

I personally think it's a horrible word, used 'internally' or whatever - it should be eradicated. There's nothing good about the cultural environment it's apparently fine to be used in, a culture which itself needs to be stamped out.

All for another thread I guess.

I have seen GWJ loads as lucky enough to live with 20 miles of both Shelsley AND Prestcott!....Used to love the 6R4's and also Nick Mann's nutjob creations (V8 Turbo Moggie and gas turbine whatsit manic tiddler).

Off out to have a quick blat on the old two stroke now as has put me in the mood........

We must live fairly close to each other, Prescott is 5 miles from me.

I would love to see Ic have another go at the Mannic, perhaps using the air booster for ground effect.

mogreby

Old-Salt
Is this year's British GP free to air? BBC website says to listen on R5L/follow the live updates. Isn't it normally on the Beeb?

ETA - C4 showing it.

Last edited:

Who_Dat

Old-Salt
Fancy a few days at the French Grand Prix at the end of July...and get paid for being there? Like many other venues the event is struggling to recruit hospitality staff and urgently require forty workers to serve up booze and food to the fans, then clear up after. Up to 11.5 hours a day over the weekend are on offer with a net wage of 11€ per hour. Maybe that is why they are finding it hard to get staff!

Latest Threads