Formula 1 - 2021 season

PFGEN

GCM
Horner really is a grubby vindictive little weasel. Crashie was in the local rag again today bleating about punishments and bans for LH, he can go forth and fornicate with himself. He and Horner make a good pair. They're perfectly matched for each other. I hope FIA hands them their arrses on a plate. Even Ferrari must be thinking, "Shit I thought we were bad but we could learn from these guys".

arfah

ADC
LH has already been sanctioned for the Brit GP.

I don’t see how he can be sanctioned for the same thing, twice?

Anyone know of any precedent action from across FIA motorsport?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Ilott was mega fast in karts. Verstappen like fast. So Marko put him in the Red Bull program straight in to F3 like they did with Verstappen. Only Ilott didn’t have a support network of a racing family like Max and struggled a bit. Marko dumped him after a year.

He’s quick. Very quick. But how mentally strong he is may be an issue. He’s never won a title in cars but he’s never been the No 1 driver in the top team either.

does it never occur to anyone in the rb driver programme that their approach of seeming not to support drivers beyond giving them a seat and then almost immediately casting them to the wolves if they don't instantly conquer all before them is a little...shortsighted? (like when they ran out of drivers the other year and had to rehire gasly). I wonder how many good drivers they've missed out on because their management has steered them away?

and as for tomorrows meeting with the FIA...

Augustus

War Hero
does it never occur to anyone in the rb driver programme that their approach of seeming not to support drivers beyond giving them a seat and then almost immediately casting them to the wolves if they don't instantly conquer all before them is a little...shortsighted? (like when they ran out of drivers the other year and had to rehire gasly). I wonder how many good drivers they've missed out on because their management has steered them away?

The main purpose of the Red Bull Young Drivers Programme is not, nor ever has been, to nurture and develop talent into top tier racing drivers.

It’s to make geriatric sociopath Helmet Marko important. That’s it.

green_slime

War Hero
LH has already been sanctioned for the Brit GP.

I don’t see how he can be sanctioned for the same thing, twice?

Anyone know of any precedent action from across FIA motorsport?
They can review but only if there is new and relevant evidence presented that was not available at the time (data from the cars etc). This could go either way mind you if the data could be interpreted that Max was being overly aggressive and contributed more to the conditions for the accident.

arfah

ADC
They can review but only if there is new and relevant evidence presented that was not available at the time (data from the cars etc). This could go either way mind you if the data could be interpreted that Max was being overly aggressive and contributed more to the conditions for the accident.

Thankyou

R0B

War Hero
Horner really is a grubby vindictive little weasel. Crashie was in the local rag again today bleating about punishments and bans for LH, he can go forth and fornicate with himself. He and Horner make a good pair. They're perfectly matched for each other. I hope FIA hands them their arrses on a plate. Even Ferrari must be thinking, "Shit I thought we were bad but we could learn from these guys".

In Max's first two years in F1 the other drivers complained that he kept moving under braking. It took two years for the FIA to tell Max not to do that anymore.

I think Max has been excessively aggressive to intimidate other drivers into thinking twice about overtaking him (like Schumaker used to). Maybe he'll think twice about overtaking Lewis in the future.

I wonder if anyone will think to mention . . . that in very similar circumstances . . . and at exactly the same corner, Charles Leclerc subsequently decided that "discretion is the better part of valour", and deliberately took to the gravel - went off track - to avoid a collision ?! ;) .

"It takes two to tango" . . . tangle . . . whatever . . . :) .

Odo_de_StAmand

War Hero
I wonder if anyone will think to mention . . . that in very similar circumstances . . . and at exactly the same corner, Charles Leclerc subsequently decided that "discretion is the better part of valour", and deliberately took to the gravel - went off track - to avoid a collision ?! ;) .

"It takes two to tango" . . . tangle . . . whatever . . . :) .

Or maybe Charles thought "I'm not letting have me off as well".....

1627589103004.png

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

'...What was presented to the Stewards was not "a significant and relevant new element [that was] discovered which was unavailable to the parties seeking the review at the time of the decision concerned," said the FIA in its statement.

"The slides in Appendix 2 of the Competitor's letter that were relied upon as New Evidence were not "discovered" but created for the purposes of submissions to support the Petition for Review...

...In a further twist to the whole sorry saga, the stewards noted allegations that had been made by Red Bull, though they failed to expand on what exactly the allegations were.

"The Stewards note, with some concern, certain allegations made in the Competitor's above letter," said the stewards in their statement.

"Such allegations may or may not have been relevant to the Stewards if the Petition for Review had been granted.

"The Stewards may have addressed these allegations directly in any decision that would have followed. The Petition having been dismissed, the Stewards make no comments on those allegations." '

*my bold

Dear Creepy, back stabbing Horner,

If you had more than 1 functioning brain cell, they would be telling you that now would be a very good time to stop digging.

As you don't we look forward to many more entertaining, slanderous and libellous comments for the Merc lawyers to ponder.

Love

FIA

Last edited:
So, in essence, the FIA have said that RB's evidence was made up.

So, in essence, the FIA have said that RB's evidence was made up.
Manufactured certainly, apparently they used track time (Albon in a more than 2 yo RB 15) to try to recreate Lewis's line into the corner, presumably to try to show that had Max not happened he would have been unable to make the corner.

The irony of using Albon seems to have escaped them.

In some circles, that'd be read as 'any more of this nonsense, and you'll be hearing from Sir Lewis's learned friends...'

Although I suspect that in this case, it's nothing more than a big '**** you, Horner' with a spot of added psychological warfare thrown in to get inside MV's head even more. If MV is still as immature racing-wise as he was, I can see the red mist descending and him doing something stupid - he needs his Dad to sit down with him and listen very carefully (I imagine Verstappen pere's first advice might be 'stop listening to that short-arrse Horner and Marko, and listen to someone who has some idea about putting a car round a track during an F1 season - that's me, son, if you'd not grasped that...'

In some circles, that'd be read as 'any more of this nonsense, and you'll be hearing from Sir Lewis's learned friends...'

Although I suspect that in this case, it's nothing more than a big '**** you, Horner' with a spot of added psychological warfare thrown in to get inside MV's head even more. If MV is still as immature racing-wise as he was, I can see the red mist descending and him doing something stupid - he needs his Dad to sit down with him and listen very carefully (I imagine Verstappen pere's first advice might be 'stop listening to that short-arrse Horner and Marko, and listen to someone who has some idea about putting a car round a track during an F1 season - that's me, son, if you'd not grasped that...'
From what I've read, he's just as rabid as Marko and Horner.

Wasn't there a rumour circulating that Horner was a racing driver at one stage, or did his career stop short at naked photoshoots sitting on a car

Latest Threads