Formula 1 - 2021 season

There must be an equivalent of Godwin's Law that states whenever a black person is involved someone will always come out and mention racism is involved. FFS.

There must be an equivalent of Godwin's Law that states whenever a black person is involved someone will always come out and mention racism is involved. FFS.

RWE.jpg

From Damon Hill

Hamilton defended over Verstappen crash with rivalry likened to Senna vs Prost

and some more on past rivalries in the sport.

Verstappen and Hamilton crash as title rivals, but are certainly not the first

I read that elsewhere this week in a comparison to the Prost/Senna rivalry that had LH backed off when Crashie held his line the latter would use this in the future as he would always know that LH would back off if pressured buy the risk of a crash. (The comments had come from Prost although I couldn't find the article again.)
The first article has MV as a cherman. Has he gone over?

Statistics

War Hero

If that's not laying the groundwork for a Bottarse exit....(and coupled with comments from Alfa Romeo this morning), I dunno what is!

If that's not laying the groundwork for a Bottarse exit....(and coupled with comments from Alfa Romeo this morning), I dunno what is!
Pretty sure that both sides know where they are.

Mercedes simply have to plan for a future beyond Hamilton. F1 history is littered with teams built around one man that fall off the top when that driver goes. Hard to think of any that have got driver succession right.

Best will in the world, Hamilton’s says are numbered. If he signs beyond this next contract and continues to win, he really will be the goat.

Bottas is not the man to step up. He failed his audition at Sakhir and frankly isn’t really a good enough wingman.

Mercedes have to sign a driver around whom they can build the next dominant team. It ain’t Bottas.

Mercedes simply have to plan for a future beyond Hamilton. F1 history is littered with teams built around one man that fall off the top when that driver goes. Hard to think of any that have got driver succession right.

Best will in the world, Hamilton’s says are numbered. If he signs beyond this next contract and continues to win, he really will be the goat.

Bottas is not the man to step up. He failed his audition at Sakhir and frankly isn’t really a good enough wingman.

Mercedes have to sign a driver around whom they can build the next dominant team. It ain’t Bottas.
But, would anyone argue that he HAS served the team well, and they owe him . . . something !!

Retire gracefully, as a Test Driver ?!

But, would anyone argue that he HAS served the team well, and they owe him . . . something !!

Yes I think he has served the team well. There’s no real test driver role now; can’t imagine Bottas being interested in driving a simulator role.

End of the day, Bottas has had five years in the best F1 team ever and has managed to finish runner up twice, 3rd, 4th & 5th. How the **** did he finish 5th in a Merc?

I think Wolff will do his nest for Bottas. That’s probably a Williams, which would be no bad thing. No way he’ll push Vandoorne or de Vries our of the Formula E team.

Augustus

War Hero

It’s George. It’s a done deal.

The question is who is on the longer range radar for 2024 when Lewis retires……

Statistics

War Hero

That is a great point, he has been the "perfect" number 2, and let's not forget has a good few wins, Poles and other bits to his name.

I watched the Williams behind the scenes video from the weekend, young Mr. Russell comes across very very well indeed.

That is a great point, he has been the "perfect" number 2, and let's not forget has a good few wins, Poles and other bits to his name.

I watched the Williams behind the scenes video from the weekend, young Mr. Russell comes across very very well indeed.
I don’t think he has been the perfect No 2. He doesn’t finish second enough and he’s often not in a position to be used tactically to support Hamilton.

Sure, he doesn’t create team conflict, but, if Mercedes ever faced a team with two fast drivers, they’d need more from Bottas. The perfect No 2 doesn’t finish 5th in the World Championship when the No 1 wins.

Latest Threads