Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Formula 1 - 2021 season

And how would Benz Insider know confidential details of Hamilton’s contract negotiation? For those to leak would be a huge breach of personal trust.

Fake news that has already been called out by Mercedes.

Well . . . Mercedes would day that . . . wouldn't they ?! ;) .

That's interesting. It was reported in the local rag which usually tends to do a bit of fact checking. I guess they got suckered in as well and somebody forgot to check with the Mercedes press office.
From the original link . . .

"Rumors have it that should the parties still fail to finalize the deal, Mercedes has prepared a contingency plan. It is said that the company is eyeing George Russell as a replacement for Hamilton".

I did struggle to believe that they could win whilst using Merc Tech (has a team ever won a title whilst using an works team engine?).

Aston Martin a developing their own V6 electrified engine for their road cars, the AMG V8 going. I wonder if there is some vision to producing their own F1 engines.
Red Bull 2010? IIRC Renault sold the Enstone Team in early 2011?

I can’t see anyone developing an engine for the current hybrid formula. Hopefully the next engine regs will open up the opportunity for more engines.

TamH70

MIA

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I did struggle to believe that they could win whilst using Merc Tech (has a team ever won a title whilst using an works team engine?).

Aston Martin a developing their own V6 electrified engine for their road cars, the AMG V8 going. I wonder if there is some vision to producing their own F1 engines.

plenty of teams have won titles with works engine deals...just not when said engine manufacturer have their own team on the grid... ;)

plenty of teams have won titles with works engine deals...just not when said engine manufacturer have their own team on the grid... ;)

That’s what I was getting at.

Wasn't his name among Renault fans "Abitofafool" anyway?

As it‘s a French outfit needing a replacement may I suggest

1610394627499.jpeg

Things to look forward to in 2021

“Seb, Lance is quicker than you”

”Max, Checo is quicker than you”

This will be followed by a safety car period to remove the thrown teddies from the track.

Carbon 6

War Hero
I’m looking forward to hearing: ‘and Max is out’ many times.

Last edited:
I wonder if Ocon will have a crash to help Alonso win?

Can’t say I’m glad to see Fred back. The cnut took Anthony Davidson’s Toyota seat, depriving him of the chance to win Le Mans and the WEC.

It was inevitable really:

It was inevitable really:

I can’t see there being an Australian Grand Prix this year and maybe not in 2022. Holding one without quarantine would be political suicide for the Victorian State government.

We’ve got closed borders between states at the moment over less than 100 cases. The Federal Government has just halved the number of quarantine place for inbound flights and there are over half a million Australians waiting overseas to get home. They are telling Australians that quarantine will still be needed in 2022.

The Indian cricket team had to quarantine for 14 days. They’ve only just saved the game at The Gabba; the border is supposed to be closed. There’s a lot of political backlash over this.

The new date for the Australian GP is 14 days after Brazil so there’s no way that people can be quarantined. I can’t see any way it can happen.

Latest Threads