Formula 1 - 2021 season

R0B

War Hero
I never really rated Crashies Dad as a driver but... Jos Verstappen: 'I respect Lewis Hamilton as a driver, but the rest... nothing'

Maybe Crashies driving standards need some attention if in one race the stewards twice make you give the place back because of an illegal overtake, give you a 5 second penalty during the race and then a 10 second penalty after the race for causing a crash. Other drivers would go the whole season without that many infringements.

In his favour his overtake into the lead on one of the re-starts was pretty good.

Also Helmet has tried twice to get a penalty for Hamilton being more than ten cars away from the car in front on one of the re-starts.

I never really rated Crashies Dad as a driver but... Jos Verstappen: 'I respect Lewis Hamilton as a driver, but the rest... nothing'

Maybe Crashies driving standards need some attention if in one race the stewards twice make you give the place back because of an illegal overtake, give you a 5 second penalty during the race and then a 10 second penalty after the race for causing a crash. Other drivers would go the whole season without that many infringements.

In his favour his overtake into the lead on one of the re-starts was pretty good.

Also Helmet has tried twice to get a penalty for Hamilton being more than ten cars away from the car in front on one of the re-starts.

I remember Jos Verstappen being very hyped in the junior formula; he was supposedly super fast and the next big thing. His F1 career was decidedly underwhelming, but that wasn’t unusual back then. I don’t think young drivers got much support like they do now; it was rather sink or swim. Perhaps that’s why Jos is around for Max like he is.

Problem for me is that Max is no longer a boy. He’s in his seventh season of F1. He needs to break away from his father and the toxic environment at Red Bull. In a way, Hamilton was similar. Over bearing father, toxic environment at McLaren, although it was very different to RB. He still has smoke blown up his Arrse.

Maybe Max needs to break clean and stand in his own two feet. Problem is, where does he go? Hamilton obviously thrives and is very much a participant and enabler in the culture of excellence at Mercedes. Not sure Max could do that.

I remember Jos Verstappen being very hyped in the junior formula; he was supposedly super fast and the next big thing. His F1 career was decidedly underwhelming, but that wasn’t unusual back then. I don’t think young drivers got much support like they do now; it was rather sink or swim. Perhaps that’s why Jos is around for Max like he is.

Problem for me is that Max is no longer a boy. He’s in his seventh season of F1. He needs to break away from his father and the toxic environment at Red Bull. In a way, Hamilton was similar. Over bearing father, toxic environment at McLaren, although it was very different to RB. He still has smoke blown up his Arrse.

Maybe Max needs to break clean and stand in his own two feet. Problem is, where does he go? Hamilton obviously thrives and is very much a participant and enabler in the culture of excellence at Mercedes. Not sure Max could do that.
The teddy throwing and the 'it's not my fault, it's everyone else' attitude are getting a bit tired, He's 24 not 5 and if he really thinks he does nothing wrong then he has other issues.

The teddy throwing and the 'it's not my fault, it's everyone else' attitude are getting a bit tired, He's 24 not 5 and if he really thinks he does nothing wrong then he has other issues.
I think he will know perfectly well when he's being a dangerous twunk, and teddy ripper out of cockpit.
That's the issue. That's where I think it displays a fair level of sociopathy with a dodgy lack of humane empathy.

I'm a wee bit similar but to a low level insofar I have never knowingly manufactured or sought to construct, a situation where another human being could be harmed or endangered. Having an active socially aware frontal lobe filter, I stop at not being fazed at the personal disasters of 3rd parties bar helpless children and do not want or expect much from others. He does not seem to when it suits.

That's just my mindset...basically harmless. I used to get tours of a hospital mortuary courtesy of Dad when I was primary age...only thing that bothered me was the stench. Mother was horrified, Father oddly was not bothered or surprised. Especially the day I got tired of 9 years of systematic elder brother bullying and opened his head up with a half brick when he went for my sister. First and 2nd last time I hit anyone in 70 years...and the second time was him again 10 years later.

MV on the other hand, seems to use his vehicle as a weapon to promote the demise of another car as much as a tool. He's a belt fed track war machine and I'd not like to be near it.
He's not evil, he's just seems socially detached and pretty devoid of any concern for the welfare of anyone not in his camp to further his sole aims and objectives. You only need to listen to Damon Hill about it. He ought to know.
I can think of a good few others in F1 history.;)

Last edited:
I think he will know perfectly well when he's being a dangerous twunk, and teddy ripper out of cockpit.
That's the issue. That's where I think he has high level sociopath with a dodgy lack of humane empathy.
I'm a wee bit similar to a much lower level insofar I have never knowingly manufactured, or wished to construct, a situation where another human being could be harmed or endangered. Having an active socially aware frontal lobe filter, I just stop at not being fazed at the personal disasters of 3rd parties, and do not want or expect much from others. That's just my mindset...basically harmless. I used to get tours of a hospital mortuary courtesy of Dad when I was primary age...only thing that bothered me was the stench. Mother was horrified, Father oddly was not bothered or surprised. Especially the day I got tired of 9 years of systematic elder brother bullying and opened his head up with a half brick when he went for my sister. First and 2nd last time I hit anyone in 70 years...and the second time was him again 10 years later.
MV on the other hand, will and does use his vehicle as a weapon as much as a tool. He's a belt fed track war machine and I'd not like to be near it.
He's not evil, he's just seems socially detached and pretty devoid of any concern for the welfare of anyone not in his camp to further his aimed and objectives.
I can think of a good few others in F1 history.
I have a feeling he's a dangerous combination of nature and nurture, a different environment might have suppressed aspects of the nature rather than encouraging them

Last edited:

He and his team didn't understand the rules on the restarts,

unicorn77

War Hero
Has there been any explanation as to why Max did the "brake-testing" thing? I'm assuming it was to force Lewis to overtake before he ran out of using the drs re-take option, but I've not seen anything from the RB camp. Whatever it was, it needs to be legislated against.

Ritch

LE
Martin Brundle has his say about Verstappen...

Then I found this on the net from some MV fanboy.

20211207_183959.jpg

Jos was a twat in karting. At the 1991 World champs, he tried an impossible move, then told the world that people had it in for him. His missus, Sophie Kumpen, was better, he only beat her in the privacy of his own home.

He got his F1 drive due to Gil DeFeran not putting his glasses on when he got out of the Arrows at a test. DeFeran bumped his head on a tail lift, so Jos got another session.