Formula 1 - 2021 season

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The show must go on I guess, but as you said someones gonna die
Isn't that their marketing strategy? More people will watch if they think a fatal crash might ensue....

Last edited:
Isn't that their marketing strategy? Mire people will watch if they think a fatal crash might ensue....
And it has always been so...

b1248f6a2acb4824f78475ce9d38fdde.jpg

D

Deleted 15400

As much as I dislike tye uber woke tw*t LH, that dislike pales into insignificance when compared to RB, the odious creature Karen Horner, Helmut & the spoilt brat MV.

Yesterday's penalties for MV were a joke.

Sooner or later he is going to either seriously injure himself or another driver. It is quite clear he feels he has carte blanche to take anyone challenging him out & should LH be in a position whereby he has to overtake him next week you dont have to be a rocket scientist to see how that is going to play out.

Whilst drama & title decider race off is good box office, it shouldn't be to the detriment of driver safety.

The sooner we lose these two tw*ts from f1 the better.

Tbh I feel the same about Hamilton as well. The admiration I have for both of them as drivers is lost in the gamesmanship, hypocrisy, whining and dangerous behaviour.

If they take each other out next week and have to share the Championship I will laugh like a drain.
They won't though, if they're both taken out Max wins the championship because he has one more win than Lewis, it's why he has no qualms about pushing past the limits he has nothing to lose and the lack of proper penalties for his behaviour and the team attitude are just encouraging him.

Last edited:
They won't though, if they're both taken out Max wins the championship because he has one more win than Lewis, it's why he has no qualms about pushing past the limits he has nothing to lose and the lack of proper penalties for his behaviour and his team attitude are just encouraging him.

Simple solution - instruct them both that the penalty for any misbehaviour, however minor, will be the removal of a previous race win.

They won't though, if they're both taken out Max wins the championship because he has one more win than Lewis, it's why he has no qualms about pushing past the limits he has nothing to lose and the lack of proper penalties for his behaviour and his team attitude are just encouraging him.
The real travesty is that one of Verstappen’s wins is Spa; two laps behind the safety car, half points and still it counts as a win. One more win Lewis….

Crashies big problem is that he never served an apprenticeship. Straight from carts into F3 at 16 and then straight into F1. He never sealed the F3 championship; blindingly fast but no racecraft. Rules fixed to he could get a super licence.

Quite who thought that allowing a 17 year old into F1 was a good idea needs shooting.

Quite who thought that allowing a 17 year old into F1 was a good idea needs shooting.
Might not be the worst idea since sliced loaf to give them half points for the first season.
LH was just a kid too, but from a different pedigree and very successful as we know.
MV is acting..behind the wheel anyhow.... like a rampant teenager denied his beer and shagfest years and then let loose.
I guess, historically, Spit & Hurricane pilots would spend a day killing behind the joystick, land, get some scran if there was any, and have a long sleep if possible, walk the dog, and then, get in when the klaxon went go and kill more without a bye your leave. Thank God.

That's how I see MV to a degree.... in a different era.
Ok out of the action arena but at the flick of a switch the red mist comes down. Probably a tad sociopathic at his joystick. Which is not OK. But, not his entire fault either. As Damon Hill said yesterday...LH has every good reason to be very wary of him on track.
I do agree about the fair chance he will come to a sticky end either by injury or get-a-seat politics.
I hold The Karen & Markle Mk2 responsible as much as MV.
Hope I'm wrong but I think MV will look at ways to take LH out next race and just finish it...."his way" (?)
He's a very young squillionaire already, and knows he can make a good living elsewhere if it all came to a halt in F1.

Last edited:

Pagan-Image

Old-Salt
Didn't James Hunt once say apropos of the crowds at the track, "They don't come to watch me drive, they come to watch me die" ?
A true statement at the time, not too sure it applies these days.

Reason The Stewards heard from the driver of Car 33 (Max Verstappen), the driver of car 44 (Lewis Hamilton) and team representative, reviewed the video and telemetry evidence and determined that the driver of Car 33 was predominantly at fault.

At turn 21 the driver of car 33 was given the instruction to give back a position to car 44 and was told by the team to do so “strategically”. Car 33 slowed significantly at turn 26. However, it was obvious that neither driver wanted to take the lead prior to DRS detection line 3.

The driver of Car 33 stated that he was wondering why Car 44 had not overtaken and the driver of Car 44 stated that, not having been aware at that stage that Car 33 was giving the position back, was unaware of the reason Car 33 was slowing. In deciding to penalise the driver of Car 33, the key point for the Stewards was that the driver of Car 33 then braked suddenly (69 bar) and significantly, resulting in 2.4g deceleration. Whilst accepting that the driver of Car 44 could have overtaken Car 33 when that car first slowed, we understand why he (and the driver of Car 33) did not wish to be the first to cross the DRS.

However, the sudden braking by the driver of Car 33 was determined by the Stewards to be erratic and hence the predominant cause of the collision and hence the standard penalty of 10 seconds for this type of incident, is imposed.
Says it all really,....the driver of Car 33 then braked suddenly (69 bar) and significantly, resulting in 2.4g deceleration.

Verstappen had a petulant cry baby moment because LH didn't fall into RB's trap.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The real travesty is that one of Verstappen’s wins is Spa; two laps behind the safety car, half points and still it counts as a win. One more win Lewis….

Others could argue that Max was robbed of a proper win and the full points, having been fastest in practice, fastest in qualifying and on a track that arguably favoured his car and driving style.

Mercedes were well off the pace that weekend and Belgium is sort of Max’s home GP. The odds are that he would’ve comfortably won that race regardless.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I've said before, but it astonishes me that Liberty could do a worse job than Bernie at running F1, but this season has been an absolute mockery.
Liberty have certainly changed the face of F1.

It is going the way of WWF wrestling. They are creating villains and heroes and I’d wager not all of it is unscripted. They can manipulate the results through the use of penalties and rules, artificially evening the odds in a team’s favour. (Changes to Mercedes rake profile being an example).

F1 used to be the preserve of white middle aged men. It was not a sport for young people and Liberty set out to change this.

F1 is now the most watched sport for under 30 year olds in the world. This is entirely down to promotion through social media and Esports. Women also now make up 46% of F1 viewers. All the funny memes and clips that are doing the rounds on F1 sites and Facebook, have been created by a very clever marketing team who’s sole purpose is to sell F1 to young people. This is something Bernie never understood and never harnessed. There are teams of people running multiple Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages, churning out off track banter and generating distinct fan bases in camps that previously didn’t exist.

This final GP showdown is a carefully manipulated situation that has been created for our entertainment.

And personally, I bloody love it.

Liberty have certainly changed the face of F1.

It is going the way of WWF wrestling. They are creating villains and heroes and I’d wager not all of it is unscripted. They can manipulate the results through the use of penalties and rules, artificially evening the odds in a team’s favour. (Changes to Mercedes rake profile being an example).

F1 used to be the preserve of white middle aged men. It was not a sport for young people and Liberty set out to change this.

F1 is now the most watched sport for under 30 year olds in the world. This is entirely down to promotion through social media and Esports. Women also now make up 46% of F1 viewers. All the funny memes and clips that are doing the rounds on F1 sites and Facebook, have been created by a very clever marketing team who’s sole purpose is to sell F1 to young people. This is something Bernie never understood and never harnessed. There are teams of people running multiple Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages, churning out off track banter and generating distinct fan bases in camps that previously didn’t exist.

This final GP showdown is a carefully manipulated situation that has been created for our entertainment.

And personally, I bloody love it.

You get a like for the well reasoned answer, and you can't deny that they are savvy in how they're going about things; but they're pushing it away from a sport.

Latest Threads