Formula 1 - 2021 season

Perhaps something that should be nipped sharply in the bud, they seem a little casual, it seems to be becoming a habit.

Perhaps the Mazepin Mafia has given the FIA a gentle hint to lay off.

Augustus

War Hero
Champions tend to be selfish cünts. Lando needs to stop being nice.
There’s an apocryphal story about Frank Williams not hiring a driver who went on to become World Champion with another team.

Why? The driver went to chez Williams to have dinner with an overnight stay afterwards. In the morning, after the driver had departed, Mrs Williams reported to Frank that the driver had made his own bed before leaving.

Despite the evening having gone well, Frank declined to hire that driver based on his wife’s observation about the bed making. If the driver was considerate enough to make his bed, then he lacked the focus and killer instinct needed to become World Champion.

Although, I have heard a further story that the reason the bed was made is because it wasn’t slept in. The late-teenage Ms Williams junior’s room was across the landing…… so perhaps that’s why Mrs Williams didn’t want the driver…..

And no, don’t think it was James Hunt as the dates don’t match!

Last edited:
I totally agree, I think, though, that Lando has some humility and team spirit that George maybe seems to lack. It might just be an impression George gives, but I'd prefer Norris on a team

He was telling the team to sacrifice his position if it meant Latifi could hold onto some points a few races ago.

Actingunpaid

War Hero
With 23 Grand Prix next season, and Domenicali saying 1/3 will have sprint qualifying (maths not an Italian strong point, apparently), does anybody feel the 3 engines rule needs tweaking?

With 23 Grand Prix next season, and Domenicali saying 1/3 will have sprint qualifying (maths not an Italian strong point, apparently), does anybody feel the 3 engines rule needs tweaking?
If they don't, there will be so many with grid penalties, they'll never need to bother with reverse grid races.

I still think the sprints should be stand alone Saturday afternoon races, unconnected with the main race on Sunday, Maybe quali could serve for both races?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
There’s an apocryphal story about Frank Williams not hiring a driver who went on to become World Champion with another team.

Why? The driver went to chez Williams to have dinner with an overnight stay afterwards. In the morning, after the driver had departed, Mrs Williams reported to Frank that the driver had made his own bed before leaving.

Despite the evening having gone well, Frank declined to hire that driver based on his wife’s observation about the bed making. If the driver was considerate enough to make his bed, then he lacked the focus and killer instinct needed to become World Champion.

Although, I have heard a further story that the reason the bed was made is because it wasn’t slept in. The late-teenage Ms Williams junior’s room was across the landing…… so perhaps that’s why Mrs Williams didn’t want the driver…..

And no, don’t think it was James Hunt as the dates don’t match!

yes, I've heard that. but then FW and PH always had a strange approach to hiring and firing drivers imho.

Just seen the Red Bull in its Japan GP livery for the Turkey race. Should keep that colour scheme. Sorry unable to post the pics ATM, hope someone else can.
Red-Bull-to-run-one-off-Honda-tribute-livery-in-Turkey-780x470.jpg

red-bull-honda-livery_cec5a7870ed110198cefa527308d9a45.jpg

Last edited:

TamH70

MIA
Sorry, @shopgirl, you’re posts are always informative and entertaining, but there’s no way on earth that I can give that a like.

Nah but you can sure give it a Funny.

Because yon get-up is hilarious.