Formula 1 - 2021 season

wow, an enjoyable Russian GP!
Lando's strategist will be buying the beers for a while I think....
Another point for Russell as well!
Think Lando has learnt a big lesson today. Can’t fault the driving, but strategy cost him.
The evidence is that McLaren don't employ a "strategist" :( !!

Sooner the better, they get a good one.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Is there any way to watch these races live without signing up for Sky?

well, I have heard rumours that if you were to go on to a very well known website whose name rhymes with 'bread it' and look for posts about live sport streams you might find some clues there.

but of course any such website streams would be of questionable legality, so I couldn't possibly be seen to be condoning or encouraging such action.

or do what I do and bung your brother a tenner a month for him to give you his Sky logon and password and watch it on the net. tbh, the Now deal for £13 or whatever it is for a weekend is not actually that bad if you're going to watch all the sessions. plus if you watch the wendyball it gives you that for the week too.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Great race.

Did anyone think that was a cheeky little **** you from Bottas to Mercedes? He wasn’t playing the team game today.

Lando awesome, but his team should’ve been more forceful and dragged him in for tyres.

Nice to see Sainz starting to move up the grid. I always rated him over LeClerc.

I think it was inevitable that Russell would fall back down the pack, at least he got a point.

Gotta hand it to Max though, what a drive.

Great race.

Did anyone think that was a cheeky little **** you from Bottas to Mercedes? He wasn’t playing the team game today.

Lando awesome, but his team should’ve been more forceful and dragged him in for tyres.

Nice to see Sainz starting to move up the grid. I always rated him over LeClerc.

I think it was inevitable that Russell would fall back down the pack, at least he got a point.

Gotta hand it to Max though, what a drive.
It certainly scored in the minuses in terms of effort. I don't suppose he cares, he's gone soon.

We should not be surprised about Max though, according to the Horner weasel he's a very much better driver than Lewis :rolleyes:

PFGEN

GCM
Verstappen has been DSQ.

Not really, just sounded nice.

Damn I was hoping for a minute that that was true although wasn't sure why as Crashie seemed to have kept it together today. After quick check of F1.com turns out it was a virtual race. Bugger, there would be no amount of teddies to compensate for that at RB if it had been the actual race itself. The meltdown would have been biblical.

Damn I was hoping for a minute that that was true although wasn't sure why as Crashie seemed to have kept it together today. After quick check of F1.com turns out it was a virtual race. Bugger, there would be no amount of teddies to compensate for that at RB if it had been the actual race itself. The meltdown would have been biblical.
Not to mention entertaining :)

PFGEN

GCM
That was a better race than the parade laps we've had to endure previously. Pity about Lando, the man has balls. Looking forward to seeing him develop in future races.

Regardless of what people might think of LH its great to see a Brit put up the 100 race wins. That will take some beating, and if it is, may it be another Brit now that we finally seem to have found some decent drivers.

Statistics

War Hero
Gutted for Lando, but that's a lesson learned for him and the team, he is having a cracking season with plenty to be proud of. Think it'll be a long time before another driver get's to 100 wins, if it even happens. Great drive from Sainz, I've always rated him highly.

It's without doubt squeaky bum time at Mercedes regarding drivers and constructors championships...Lewis has only the two engines, and likely he'll need to take another. Bottas was lucky to deliver that position yesterday, he's clearly in zero fecks given mode. Red Bull has the faster car, so it'll be down to whichever Number 2 delivers the most consistent points. The Red Bull appears to be the faster car in the races left, Mexico for example is a sh1te track for Mercedes.

Above all though, it was nice to actually watch a proper, gripping race, even The Kitchen Commander was gripped and screaming for Lando.

I just read this article by Michelle Foster. I think she’s got a great point, but could Mercedes legally change drivers mid season? Then again, it’s Formula 1, they do what they want.

Last edited:

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

I just read this article by Michelle Foster. I think she’s got a great point, but could Mercedes legally change drivers mid season? Then again, it’s Formula 1, they do what they want.
Legally I don’t think there’s anything in the rule book about changing drivers.

Red Bull have done it a few times in the past, swapping Gasly for Albon.

I’m sure it’s crossed Toto’s mind, but what Mercedes needs now is a good number 2 to prop up Hamilton’s title fight, not a young upstart looking to make a name for himself.

While George is more than capable of holding the Red Bulls back, he’s still young and has some learning to do. I wouldn’t put it past him to have a go at Lewis if the opportunity arose.

2000AD

Old-Salt
Legally I don’t think there’s anything in the rule book about changing drivers.

Red Bull have done it a few times in the past, swapping Gasly for Albon.

I’m sure it’s crossed Toto’s mind, but what Mercedes needs now is a good number 2 to prop up Hamilton’s title fight, not a young upstart looking to make a name for himself.

While George is more than capable of holding the Red Bulls back, he’s still young and has some learning to do. I wouldn’t put it past him to have a go at Lewis if the opportunity arose.
Isn't The Totonator Russell's agent/manager? If so I'd have thought that GR is likely to be wise enough to do the job of wingman and not go off piste with his own thing if he were to be promoted to Mr Bottas's seat at this point in the season.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Isn't The Totonator Russell's agent/manager? If so I'd have thought that GR is likely to be wise enough to do the job of wingman and not go off piste with his own thing if he were to be promoted to Mr Bottas's seat at this point in the season.
You’d certainly like to think so, but I reckon Toto’s priority right now is sailing a steady ship and keeping Lewis in the fight.

Anything that might shake up the team isn’t good for Lewis. A new driver could certainly put the willies up him and ruin his MOJO even if George plays the game and doesn’t directly challenge him.

As soon as George gets in that car and shows everyone what he can do, Lewis will be thinking “**** me, I’ve got a big fight on my hands next year.”

You’d certainly like to think so, but I reckon Toto’s priority right now is sailing a steady ship and keeping Lewis in the fight.

Anything that might shake up the team isn’t good for Lewis. A new driver could certainly put the willies up him and ruin his MOJO even if George plays the game and doesn’t directly challenge him.

As soon as George gets in that car and shows everyone what he can do, Lewis will be thinking “**** me, I’ve got a big fight on my hands next year.”
True, Norris seems to understand team play, maybe it's a shame they didn't get him, if that was even possible

Last edited:
True, Norris seem to understand team play, maybe it's a shame they didn't get him, if that was even possible

I think Lando is as good as anyone on the grid. I also think that the three finest drivers on the grid are British, but I may be biased.

I think Lando is as good as anyone on the grid. I also think that the three finest drivers on the grid are British, but I may be biased.
I totally agree, I think, though, that Lando has some humility and team spirit that George maybe seems to lack. It might just be an impression George gives, but I'd prefer Norris on a team

I totally agree, I think, though, that Lando has some humility and team spirit that George maybe seems to lack. It might just be an impression George gives, but I'd prefer Norris on a team

Lando would probably be a lot more fun, he seems to have a bit of the hooligan in his makeup. On the other hand, George has a serious air about him and will probably be a multiple champion. Either way, the future of British racing is looking great.

Gutted for Lando, but that's a lesson learned for him and the team, he is having a cracking season with plenty to be proud of. Think it'll be a long time before another driver get's to 100 wins, if it even happens. Great drive from Sainz, I've always rated him highly.

It's without doubt squeaky bum time at Mercedes regarding drivers and constructors championships...Lewis has only the two engines, and likely he'll need to take another. Bottas was lucky to deliver that position yesterday, he's clearly in zero fecks given mode. Red Bull has the faster car, so it'll be down to whichever Number 2 delivers the most consistent points. The Red Bull appears to be the faster car in the races left, Mexico for example is a sh1te track for Mercedes.

Above all though, it was nice to actually watch a proper, gripping race, even The Kitchen Commander was gripped and screaming for Lando.
I wonder whether the 100th win has been a bit of a monkey on Hamilton’s back?

Champions tend to be selfish cünts. Lando needs to stop being nice.

Latest Threads