Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Formula 1 - 2021 season

Sprint races in summary: Friday Practice changes to qualy for sprint race, Sat sprint race 100km, 1/2 points and grid positions for GP.

I understand that they want to make F1 more appealing, but for a sport that is trying to reduce it’s carbon footprint and reduce spending it seems at odds.

I hope it gets introduced though as I like a bit of change.

Sprint races in summary: Friday Practice changes to qualy for sprint race, Sat sprint race 100km, 1/2 points and grid positions for GP.

I understand that they want to make F1 more appealing, but for a sport that is trying to reduce it’s carbon footprint and reduce spending it seems at odds.

I hope it gets introduced though as I like a bit of change.
I don’t get this one. F1 is supposed to be about Grand Prix, not poxy little sprints.

I don’t get this one. F1 is supposed to be about Grand Prix, not poxy little sprints.

Mercedes voted against last time because of the reverse grid proposal. That’s been binned, but I suspect this will always be about Mercedes and how it effects them.

Horner will want it because putting the word Max and Sprint probably sends him into a wanking frenzy.

TamH70

MIA
A view on the latest contentious ideas on how to utterly **** up F1, I mean, bring in new exciting changes that Liberty Media think will improve the offering, from a certain M'sieur Millward:

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Possible fractured wrist. I'd have thought his wrists were pretty strong, what with all that back stabbing, ego massaging & wanking.

Even wrists as strong as his will be overcome by his porkiness when he creamed in.

Interesting "fact-oid" in this week's AUTOCAR magazine, dated 17 February 2021, page 55 . . . .

"Hamilton signs Mercedes deal . . .The extension is for 2021 only, notably meaning the contracts of Hamilton, team-mate Valtteri Bottas, and Mercedes-backed Williams youngster George Russell will all expire at the same time"

No LINK to a web-page . . . you’ll have to buy your own copy of the magazine !! ;) .

Interesting "fact-oid" in this week's AUTOCAR magazine, dated 17 February 2021, page 55 . . . .

"Hamilton signs Mercedes deal . . .The extension is for 2021 only, notably meaning the contracts of Hamilton, team-mate Valtteri Bottas, and Mercedes-backed Williams youngster George Russell will all expire at the same time"

No LINK to a web-page . . . you’ll have to buy your own copy of the magazine !! ;) .

And the major changes to the regulations in 2022.

Hamilton and Bottas are the old guard, yes Hamilton still has it, but for how long? If he wins his eighth WDC he may decide that’s it.

Mercedes are dominant in the current era, the new changes (era) could change everything and Merc may feel it prudent to go with a young, but talented driver in Russel to develop into the new regulations and car rather than someone at the end of their career.

Latest Threads