Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Win 92 for Lewis. What do you think now, Jackie Stewart?
What has the wizzened, bitter, little Scot been uttering through the clenched teeth, in his wizzened little face?!

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Just 2 WDCs to go.

I’m looking forward to the 2022 season and the new regulations. I think its a good thing that F1 has a reset every few years.

RTU'd

Old-Salt
F1 is so boring theses days.
The best driver in the best car wins simple as that.
Mercedes are dominant to a point that Ferrari & Williams have been in the past.

But all you have to do these days is watch the first 5 laps & the last 5 laps.

You look at Hill, Mansell & Button and they had character which the public loved and had had to work for it.
Hamilton has been given it on a silver plate since early karting days, he is not under privileged ethnic minority.
2 faced yes, a good driver yes in a good team yes, but the rest is him playing on BLM he has had it all given to him.

Not followed F1 for many years as it became so boring, well done to LH on setting the new record - if only he would stick to driving a dominant car rather than to ram his thoughts to everyone - I much prefer the three classes on 2 wheels, especially Moto3 where the youngsters give it laldy with multi overtakes.

You look at Hill, Mansell & Button and they had character which the public loved and had had to work for it.
Hamilton has been given it on a silver plate since early karting days, he is not under privileged ethnic minority.
2 faced yes, a good driver yes in a good team yes, but the rest is him playing on BLM he has had it all given to him.

You stupid cünt.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
he has had it all given to him.

that must be why Mercedes pay him all that money...just sack him and put grosjean into his car then. have you been on the phone to Brackley with this penetrating insight?

RTU'd

Old-Salt
Oh I see if you do not like what I say you trash it.
Next you will be supporting tyranny & over throw of various threads not to your liking?
Pathetic thread bullies, surprised you don't advocate killing kittens & rabbits next.

I guess the other 50-odd laps passed you by, then? The bit with Crashappen living up to his nickname? Sainz going up the field, then back down and then back up, showing some good skill? Even Kimi, probably with a hangover that could kill a civvy, managing to finish 5 places up though just out of the points?

You saw none of that?

Mind, the fact that you believe Hill, Mansell and JB had character tells me much: that'd be the same Nigel who could send a glass eye to sleep?

Next you will be supporting tyranny & over throw of various threads not to your liking?
Pathetic thread bullies, surprised you don't advocate killing kittens & rabbits next.

Not enough meat on kittens to make it worthwhile, rabbits on the other hand...

I'd imagine Sir Jackie is somewhat preoccupied nursing his wife & watching her waste away to nowt in front of him right now.
Apart from that, I predict 9 Championships from LH, almost certainly 8 given Lady Luck and time.
He is the greatest F1 driver of his era. Just as Fangio was...in his era. I just wish he'd leave his personal opinions & angsts away from the pits till he retires. Then he can use his fame & fortune to do what he wants. Even the FIA finally stepped in and got him to wind his neck in a bit. He seems to harbour a lot of paranoia regarding people out to get him and hobble his races. Not healthy. However, nobody can touch him throughout a season, and I doubt anyone will get close to taking Championships away from him. It must be Hell being Bottas...the finest F1 wingman I can recall...against his wishes. Not once has he tried an overt "F.U. I'm Nico" on Lewis..he's too mature, the consummate professional, and too much a gent. Great bloke all round. Which....is perhaps a component in his inability to take LH off the No1 podium a few times. You need to be a huge bit of a krvnt...which Bottas just is not.
Kimi was a bit epic yes? Good man. Wonder if he smiled?
It was fun, albeit too short, to briefly see a McLaren ( remember them?) leading for a wee bit but I think we all knew it was a few minutes of show boating...more the pity.

Last edited:

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

rubbish. LH has had it handed to him no more than any other WDC. any team who wants to win - and thats all of them - will take the best driver their circumstances will dictate, and the team with the best car will want the best driver. you didn't see ron dennis going and signing up nonentities in the 80s at Mclaren, nor did you see Williams do it a few years later when they became dominant with Renault. if the car is such a factor, as you argue, and that anyone should be able to win driving it, why is that it he more or less equalled Alonso in his supposed rookie year at Mclaren, that it took Rosberg (who outperformed Schumacher for the most part in the same car) four seasons to take the title driving against Lewis and that Lewis himself has been as much as a second ahead of VB in qualifying the last few seasons?

Latest Threads