Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So the rumour mill has Perez in at Williams and Russell out. That would be a massive shame; he’d would have been totally fucked over by Claire Williams. If she hadn’t insisted on him fulfilling his three year contract, he’d be in a Merc next year.

Also Mazepin in at Haas. Another weak driver with a rich daddy. Was hoping Illott would get that.

Augustus

War Hero
So the rumour mill has Perez in at Williams and Russell out. That would be a massive shame; he’d would have been totally fucked over by Claire Williams. If she hadn’t insisted on him fulfilling his three year contract, he’d be in a Merc next year.

Also Mazepin in at Haas. Another weak driver with a rich daddy. Was hoping Illott would get that.

Not surprising - Mazepin is one of Putin’s love children. Don’t believe me? Just put a picture of each side by side.....

Honestly Russell should be trying to work his way out of Williams asap. He’s better off being Mercedes’ reserve and test driver for 2021. By going to each of the grand prix there’s a chance he’ll get a drive or two as next years Hulk-like super sub, and put him firmly in the space for the full time Mercedes/Ineos drive in 2022.

He has to get out of the culture of dismal failure of Williams before he becomes infected by it......

Statistics

Old-Salt

That would be a massive kick in the bollocks. Russell is clearly a class act with a bright future! I'm assuming Perez brings a truckload of sponsorship cash with him.

Wonder if Mercedes have the nuts to chin off Bottas for 2021 (he's already signed I think?) and replace with Russell.

Not surprising - Mazepin is one of Putin’s love children. Don’t believe me? Just put a picture of each side by side.....

Honestly Russell should be trying to work his way out of Williams asap. He’s better off being Mercedes’ reserve and test driver for 2021. By going to each of the grand prix there’s a chance he’ll get a drive or two as next years Hulk-like super sub, and put him firmly in the space for the full time Mercedes/Ineos drive in 2022.

He has to get out of the culture of dismal failure of Williams before he becomes infected by it......
I think you’re right. A season spent as Mercedes reserve would bring him into the Mercedes performance culture and give him the chance to learn from the very best. A year with Merc would probably make 2021 easier than spending another year tooling around at the back in a no Williams.

Alternatively, Mercedes could yet ditch Bottas. He’s only on a one year deal keeping the seat warm for Russell. He’s never going to be a long term team leader once Hamilton goes.

Meanwhile Marko has suggested that Tsunoda is in at Alpha Tauri next year. Presumably that’s Kvyatt gone. He referred to Red Bill’s interest in Perez or Hulkenberg. That would leave Albon out.

It didn‘t take long for Dorilton Capital to show their true colours, despite saying they wanted a successful F1 team, not just a capital venture.

Latifi brings a lot of money to the team through his dad, so he was never going to be replaced, despite being shite.

It didn‘t take long for Dorilton Capital to show their true colours, despite saying they wanted a successful F1 team, not just a capital venture.

Latifi brings a lot of money to the team through his dad, so he was never going to be replaced, despite being shite.
I suspect that a proper look around Williams has uncovered a multitude of sins. It no doubt needs huge investment; it’s been bouncing along hand-to-mouth since Martini pulled and had several years without proper sponsorship before that. The Williams family sold some of their grown jewels to keep it afloat.

Dorilton’s first priority will be to stabilise the cash position. I can see why that would make Perez attractive. He’s a very good midfield operator, who will maximise any points available. But he also brings his own sponsors, and his investors are immensely well connected.

I can also see why they would keep Laffiti; cash flow will be vital over the next couple of years. Both Perez and Laffiti offer Dorilton a possible exit strategy which is what they will be looking to generate.

End of the day, Dorilton are an investment fund. They are only doing this to generate cash returns for their investors. The interesting thing for me will be whether they add value and sell for a profit or whether they laden Williams with debt.

Magnussen definitely a better driver imo, although has plenty form for not letting people past! Grosjean has proven to be an utter cock the last couple seasons..!
Last couple? Renault dumped him mid season in his first year. At Lotus, he achieved the destination of becoming the first and only driver to driver to be banned for a race for dangerous driving. Quite how he’s stretched his career out this far beats me. No loss.

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero
The tedious moaning git is at it again

Can he not just drive a car and STFU.
Petrov, using Hamilton's measure, is on a hiding to nothing.
Is white and has opinions that don't match those of the boy from the Stevenage ghetto.

Either that........or.........this is one of the smartest mind games of all time in F1

Augustus

War Hero

Is white and has opinions that don't match those of the boy from the Stevenage ghetto.

Either that........or.........this is one of the smartest mind games of all time in F1

If they're now deliberately choosing Stewards on the basis that they have had a disagreement with Saint Lewis then I think the roster will be full until circa 2030.......!

Could be interesting if Lewis receives any penalties this weekend.

Hamilton’s right. Petrov is nowhere near qualified to be a steward. But he’s right for the wrong reasons.

Carbon 6

War Hero
FP1 just started, it's a bloody lovely looking track!

It's a fabulous track, the layout and elevation changes are going to make an interesting race weekend. Mrs Carbon and I were there last year at an historic racing event and I remember saying that this track should be on the Formula 1 calendar.

TamH70

MIA
Getting away from the subject of the tedious scooter-rider from Stevenage, I found this to be interesting:

"Track designer Hermann Tilke is said to have been consulted about upgrading the Nordschleife to a facility that could stage an F1 race every fourth season in Olympic years."

A sentence that should have most of you shuddering.

Latest Threads