Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
What are the obligations with providing an engine to another team (I’m thinking Renault to Red Bull here). Does it have to be exactly the same as what they have in the works car? Do they have to provide the complete power train (hybrid system)? Gearbox?

I can’t help but think that RB are going to get right fücked over.

AFAIK, it's the whole power unit - I think they can specify their own gearbox and transmission, but no reason to go against what the supplier recommends or designs it for. and no, nothing says it has to be the same as in the works car. it's usually at least one iteration or possibly even a whole season behind.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
and if not fúcked over, they ain't going to be at the head of the queue for upgrades at the very least.

AFAIK, it's the whole power unit - I think they can specify their own gearbox and transmission, but no reason to go against what the supplier recommends or designs it for. and no, nothing says it has to be the same as in the works car. it's usually at least one iteration or possibly even a whole season behind.

They’ll be getting a 1.6 hybrid out the Renault Clio then.

First thing Renault should do is require Christian Horner to publicly apologise for bad mouthing them and admit it was his failure as a team principle that lead to the RB being uncompetitive.

Lovely gesture from the Schumacher family to Lewis, he was obviously moved.

just a shame the commentary was so shit on Sky. They referred to the helmet as one from his a Ferrari days - despite having a mahoosive three pointed star, with Petronas above it.

bloody arsehats.

just a shame the commentary was so shit on Sky. They referred to the helmet as one from his a Ferrari days - despite having a mahoosive three pointed star, with Petronas above it.

bloody arsehats.
I missed the comedy start so I'll catch that on the Channel 4 coverage, they might have something more intelligent to say too, it wouldn't be difficult.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

bloody arsehats.

the only reason I watch it on Sky is because it's live. I far prefer DC and the c4 team.

"Toto, what would you say if Christian Horner came to you and asked for an engine"?

"NO"! then remembered he had his boss beside him and waffled a bit about how they're at capacity etc etc

"Toto, what would you say if Christian Horner came to you and asked for an engine"?

"NO"! then remembered he had his boss beside him and waffled a bit about how they're at capacity etc etc
Mattia Binotto said No!

Even Cyril Abiteboul didn’t seem to want to entertain RB, but resigned himself to F1 regulations.

Christian Horner has accepted he can’t have a Ferrari or Merc engine and talks like he has an alternative to the Renault. How is such a caustic character going to convince an engine manufacturer to enter the world of F1 with 18 months development?

Mattia Binotto said No!

Even Cyril Abiteboul didn’t seem to want to entertain RB, but resigned himself to F1 regulations.

Christian Horner has accepted he can’t have a Ferrari or Merc engine and talks like he has an alternative to the Renault. How is such a caustic character going to convince an engine manufacturer to enter the world of F1 with 18 months development?
Not, I would think, with any degree of ease.

Renault will not be disposed to do anything other than the least they have to, so at the moment it seems Karma might be about to bite Mr Horner quite hard, where it hurts.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Not, I would think, with any degree of ease.

Renault will not be disposed to do anything other than the least they have to, so at the moment it seems Karma might be about to bite Mr Horner quite hard, where it hurts.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

I’d still be interested in exactly what is the least Renault have to do?

could they provide a power unit that is 50hp down on everything else, for example?

I’d still be interested in exactly what is the least Renault have to do?

could they provide a power unit that is 50hp down on everything else, for example?
I'd like to her the weeping wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Red Bull camp if they did.

All I've read is that Renault would have to provide engines if there is no alternative source. I'm sure there must be FIA specifications as to the quality of what they supply, but I don't know if these would be different to the normal specifications for customer teams, whatever they might be

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
WTAF? 2 girls in the background lezzing it up (maybe) and Lewis looks like he fell into the charity clothes box, looking at the camera!!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Great drive by two who we may not see at all next season, the Hulk and Perez.

Still think Perez would make a safe pair of hands for Red Bull next season if they drop Albon.

Latest Threads