Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Statistics

Old-Salt
Predictions then folks? I think Hamilton will pass Bottas early doors. Keen to see if the RB tyre strategy brings anything to the table.

Hoping the boy Norris is well in the points and I'd like to see Hulkenberg finish ahead of Stroll.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Augustus

War Hero
Predictions then folks? I think Hamilton will pass Bottas early doors. Keen to see if the RB tyre strategy brings anything to the table.

Hoping the boy Norris is well in the points and I'd like to see Hulkenberg finish ahead of Stroll.

Love to see Hulkenberg bag a podium, as it will have significant implications on next years drivers market I’m thinking.

Hulk or Sergio Perez to Red Bull next year? They need a strong number 2 for a tilt at the Constructors and to be fair their pipeline of younger drivers haven’t really delivered the goods outside of Verstappen.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Might not be so lucky with his tyres this week!

Would like to think so, though I suspect Crashhappen may try to muscle in to make a point.

Have to say it was nice to see The Hulk wring something out of that car yesterday - just hope that he can see it through to the end, much to the annoyance of Red Bull.

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero
Hulk is going to have to be on it physically.
A year away from some serious G Force could be tiring late on.
Would like to see him back and replace Albon

Statistics

Old-Salt
Hulk is going to have to be on it physically.
A year away from some serious G Force could be tiring late on.
Would like to see him back and replace Albon
I feel for Albon, comes across really well and has talent, but his confidence in the car is rock bottom and it must be a bugger to partner verstappen. All the while looking over your shoulder to see if the Axe is coming...!

Augustus

War Hero
I feel for Albon, comes across really well and has talent, but his confidence in the car is rock bottom and it must be a bugger to partner verstappen. All the while looking over your shoulder to see if the Axe is coming...!

Red Bull seem to deliberately psychologically undermine the young drivers they’ve spent millions on supporting in the lower formulae. It’s nuts.

What they need in the second car is an experienced and seasoned campaigner who is happy to take the situation for what it is - being second fiddle to Verstappen, expectations of podiums, with the occasional opportunity to go for an outside win for the year or two of their contract duration.

Like what Bottas does/has at Mercedes.

Hulk and Sergio would fit the bill perfectly.

Agree, unfortunately!
Do you suspect team (cough) orders...oh...sorry...."agreement"?
But...just make it look "good";)

Must be the heat, it took a few seconds to realise why the commentary team look like a Blues Brothers convention.

Nice interview between Lewis and Karun

Love to see Hulkenberg bag a podium, as it will have significant implications on next years drivers market I’m thinking.

Hulk or Sergio Perez to Red Bull next year? They need a strong number 2 for a tilt at the Constructors and to be fair their pipeline of younger drivers haven’t really delivered the goods outside of Verstappen.
Can’t quite see how Hulkenberg is going to influence the driver market. There’s not many seats left.

Replace Albon at RBR? Not likely; he’s never been an RB driver. Back to Racing Point. Vettel’s alleged to be going there. All that’s left is Alfa Romeo and Haas. Neither very significant.

Unless you’re suggesting Merc.

PFGEN

GCM
I may have missed it but it looks like RTL decided to cut all the pre race kneeling/standing in favour of some beer commercials and commentary from the studio. Excellent, I start the race with blood pressure set to normal.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
the Mercs seem to be eating their tyres in comparison to RB...

PFGEN

GCM
Unless Verstappen does something dumb he has this sewn up. Have to admit through gritted teeth that he seems to have driven a good race as has Bottas.

Latest Threads