Formula 1 - 2020 season

bcsack

Old-Salt
Anyone looking for a new Brit to follow - young Jonny Edgar from Cumbria racing in ItalianF4 & ADACF4 Championships this season. Races are live streamed on their websites & videos of past races are on there too.
Brilliant overtake in yesterdays race - as good as any LH has pulled off - without the Tommy Smith salute :)

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
This former fan is switching off because F1 has become a party political broadcast for Lewis Hamilton.
I turned on C4 just before the start of the race as they announced that they'd be speaking to LH and his career. Within 2 minutes (if not less), he'd managed to squeeze in the fact that his dad told him to dress and speak in a certain manner to ensure his future in F1, he then progressed that every time he dresses in a certain way or gets another tattoo, it's "negatively or racially reported in the press. At this point, I turned the sound off and carried on with getting stuff done for the BBQ.

I'd been out with the wife all afternoon and then she tells me she didn't set up the recording for the race... got back in time just to catch the last 5 laps... seems they were the best anyway and the only thing of note (BLM wise) was LH's (EDIT) head-drop and 'Black Power' salute on the podium... at least the post-race discussion with Coulthard was about the race only so I missed all the pre-race kneeling nonsense..

Last edited:

Statistics

Old-Salt
Anyone looking for a new Brit to follow - young Jonny Edgar from Cumbria racing in ItalianF4 & ADACF4 Championships this season. Races are live streamed on their websites & videos of past races are on there too.
Brilliant overtake in yesterdays race - as good as any LH has pulled off - without the Tommy Smith salute :)
Friend of mine, his son Louis Foster is in British F3 this season. Enjoying following that at the moment.

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero
I'd been out with the wife all afternoon and then she tells me she didn't set up the recording for the race... got back in time just to catch the last 5 laps... seems they were the best anyway and the only thing of note (BLM wise) was LW's head-drop and 'Black Power' salute on the podium... at least the post-race discussion with Coulthard was about the race only so I missed all the pre-race kneeling nonsense..
Tommie Smith and John Carlos would be having a chuckle at the antics

aardvark64

War Hero
For sake of comparison:

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

Bottas has re-signed with Merc for next year. which leaves Max looking a bit knackered if RB aren't delivering the goods...

...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... **and breathe**

Statistics

Old-Salt
Perez tested positive again for Covid so Hulk rides again this weekend. DiResta named substitute for McLaren if needed...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Statistics

Old-Salt
Racing Point have had 15 points deducted and a 400k fine.....Renault appeared to have won their protest against the car. Interesting to see the details come out on that.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Racing Point have had 15 points deducted and a 400k fine.....Renault appeared to have won their protest against the car. Interesting to see the details come out on that.
In light of ferraris engine low jinks, I can't see how the FIA can apply this judgement and not expect people to question it at the very least. RP not unreasonably are appealing, so we shall see.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
well, Sebs engine lunched itself quite spectacularly this afternoon in P2 - fluids were p1ssing out of the bottom of the car in close up.

Racing Point penalty feels harsh given the fiasco around the disco donkeys from last year.
Expect to see more protests against Tracing Point. I think Renault will go at them component by component. They picked brake ducts because the case was clear.

Interestingly, Wolff has been talking about other teams using 3-D imaging to scan the Mercs.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Expect to see more protests against Tracing Point. I think Renault will go at them component by component. They picked brake ducts because the case was clear.

Interestingly, Wolff has been talking about other teams using 3-D imaging to scan the Mercs.
hmmm...wouldn't you need a bit more kit and a lot of access to do it properly rather than just photos taken from the pitlane or a grandstand?

hmmm...wouldn't you need a bit more kit and a lot of access to do it properly rather than just photos taken from the pitlane or a grandstand?
That’s what I thought; industrial 3D imaging systems involve multiple cameras at fixed positions. Not quite sure what you’d get from a FinePix 3D.

Latest Threads