Formula 1 - 2020 season

He‘s giving his opinion. Everyone does it, he just happens to have a significant media profile.

You can take offence to it, but that’s just your opinion.
I don't particularly take offence at LH piping in the wind.

I do take offence at the privileged sportsman banging his drum saying that I need to be aware of and apologise for something that hasn't been part of my life ever or part of the F1 scene.

Anyway, that's just my opinion as you say. Surely it's as valid as his?

I don't particularly take offence at LH piping in the wind.

I do take offence at the privileged sportsman banging his drum saying that I need to be aware of and apologise for something that hasn't been part of my life ever or part of the F1 scene.

Anyway, that's just my opinion as you say. Surely it's as valid as his?
It’s not personal, it’s general.

Do you think racism exists? Or is it made up?

Statistics

Old-Salt
Back to the Racing....Hulkenberg in the Racing Point, always had a soft spot for him. Hope he absolutely nails it this weekend and finally get's the podium his career deserves. Looks like Vettel's car is fucked, oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

Statistics

Old-Salt
Not a huge amount to be gleaned from that session. Albon well off Verstappen as per, both Mercedes clearly ripping it up, do they even brake for some of the corners? Hulkenberg only half a second off Stroll, not bad!

I get the feeling Renault are finally beginning to close a few gaps, just a bit of luck needed to grab those next few tenths and shift them up.

Back to the Racing....Hulkenberg in the Racing Point, always had a soft spot for him. Hope he absolutely nails it this weekend and finally get's the podium his career deserves. Looks like Vettel's car is fucked, oh dear, what a shame, never mind.
Hulkenberg blew some very good opportunities to get a podium. If he gets one now, he’ll have really lucked out. He’s not even a reserve driver.

Which is interesting. It’s quite likely we’ll see reserves being used more often this year than usual; Perez could be the first of several, plus there’s very little recovery time with triple headers.

None of the current reserves raced in F1 last year. Red Bull’s (Sebastian Buemi) last raced an F1 car in 2011; presumably an Alpha driver would step up and Buemi would go there. Ferrari have Giovinazzi, with Kubica replacing him at Alfa. Elsewhere, such luminaries as Pietro Fittipaldi, Jack Aitken and Sergio Sette Camera are reserves. And Guitierez and Vandoorne are Mercedes reserves, but available to Tracing Point and McLaren. Can anyone really see Guitierez in a Mercedes?

Not an impressive bunch really; probably the weekends reserve roster for a decade.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
tell you what, I'd far rather have c4's commentary team than skys, damon and johnny aside. I'm glad the coverage is live on c4 this weekend.

TamH70

MIA
Hamilton had a pretty good scare in that session. Spun off, flat-spotted his tires and looked ordinary. Bottas, on the other hand, flew round.

Roll on Q3.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
albon's out. he's got to be sweating a bit surely? and I don't just mean the temperature this weekend.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
it's good seeing billy monger on the c4 team, but blimey - he's a natural on the mic and a great interviewer.

it's good seeing billy monger on the c4 team, but blimey - he's a natural on the mic and a great interviewer.
Had to lose his legs to even get looked at though.

LH is covering his bets for the future and working on his Mid Atlantic accent.
First trialed by the likes of Smashy and Nicey style DJ's
Sounds pathetic
What bets? He’s already a multi millionaire who has a clothing range, music career and fingers in many other pies whilst being at the top of his game in F1.

Who do you think he has to impress?

Statistics

Old-Salt
Quali as expected I feel, barring Albon. Interesting mix of tyres will make first couple laps interesting.

Cant see past a win for Hamilton, Bottas second and after that.....then it gets interesting, fingers crossed the Boy Norris puts in a big shift. Keen to see if Hulkenberg has better race pace than Stroll.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Sainz must be thinking he’s made a big mistake signing for Ferrari.

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero
What bets? He’s already a multi millionaire who has a clothing range, music career and fingers in many other pies whilst being at the top of his game in F1.

In his mind, he needs to keep relevant at all times, (see the current hands knees and bumps a daisy routine) if that means faking a silly accent to impress some Murricans, that is what he will do.

Augustus

War Hero

You are Lewis Hamilton’s secret lover and I claim my £5.

Latest Threads