Formula 1 - 2020 season

Published by: Felix Page, AUTOCAR magazine, on 28 July 2020.

McLaren reunites with Gulf Oil for strategic partnership

McLaren F1 team to carry Gulf badging at the British GP; exclusive colour scheme for road cars revealed.

McLaren and Gulf sign new partnership

McLaren has announced a "multi-year strategic partnership" with lubricant manufacturer Gulf, reuniting the two brands for the first time in more than 20 years.
Hope it works for them. However Gulf McLaren Mercedes doesn't roll off the tongue as well as Mobil McLaren Mercedes did.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Deserved thread where open debate, discussion and free speech allowed works for me; more so if the truth upsets snowflakes

I don't report libel 'hate' etc as they're mere words on a forum from anon posters and don't matter. Nor do I hold a grudge, I 'like' a post regardless of author
That's great, well done.

Other users don't have your views and prefer that libel and hate are not associated with threads they enjoy. They report, you don't. I get it.

If you have anything else not on thread topic, I suggest you take it to PM. Let the thread crack on.

Statistics

Old-Salt
Perez tested positive for Covid. Out of the weekend. Who is their reserve?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TamH70

MIA

TamH70

MIA
Has he? Citation reqd
Mercedes press release and Interview with Toto Wolff. There’s a filmed interview around on social media in which Wolff describes them taking the proposal to the Mercedes Main Board.

Mark Webber described Hamilton as marmite five years ago. He’s right; lots of people don’t like Hamilton because of his social media profile, lifestyle, fashion, music etc etc. And now his BLM stance. But, in reality, his BLM stance is no different to almost all other black sports (and other) stars. They have a point when people think use of the term “cotton picking” in relation to Hamilton isn’t casual racism (it’s on this thread).

Personally I‘m on the like side of the marmite issue. I couldn’t give a stuff about Hamilton’s lifestyle. It’s what he does in the car that counts. And anyone who watched his performances in the junior formulae would know, he got to F1 on talent. Which is why I posted the video.

I don’t judge anyone I’ve never met. I know a couple of people who have met Hamilton who would describe him as charming.

Perez tested positive for Covid. Out of the weekend. Who is their reserve?

They share reserves with Mercedes. So Gutierrez or Vandoorne. The latter is in Mercedes FE bubble in Berlin and can’t be sprung without affecting their FE program. The former hasn’t driven an F1 car since 2016.

There’s speculation that Hulkenberg will stand in. Makes some sense.

Statistics

Old-Salt
They share reserves with Mercedes. So Gutierrez or Vandoorne. The latter is in Mercedes FE bubble in Berlin and can’t be sprung without affecting their FE program. The former hasn’t driven an F1 car since 2016.

Hulkenberg might finally get that podium spot then :)

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero

Well done for posting a cut and paste from BBC news.

Well done for posting a cut and paste from BBC news.
Strange as I haven’t visited the BBC News website for years. Maybe I’m their source?

Over the years, the Arrse F1 threads have been populated by genuine motor racing fans who post F1 and motor sport news as they find it. My post was entirely within the norm for this thread.

The F1 threads have been pretty much free of arsseholes who have nothing to add but ad hominem garbage. It’s a shame you’ve arrived; you’ve added nothing other than passive aggression and racism.

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero
Strange as I haven’t visited the BBC News website for years. Maybe I’m their source?

Over the years, the Arrse F1 threads have been populated by genuine motor racing fans who post F1 and motor sport news as they find it. My post was entirely within the norm for this thread.

The F1 threads have been pretty much free of arsseholes who have nothing to add but ad hominem garbage. It’s a shame you’ve arrived; you’ve added nothing other than passive aggression and racism.

Now now poppet don't excite yourself. Lovely to hear from you as always.
The nation bows to your superior knowledge and more fanness than any other fan.

lots of people don’t like Hamilton because of his social media profile, lifestyle, fashion, music etc etc.
In my experience a lot of the people who complain about Hamilton's lifestyle off the track seem to revere James Hunt for his.

It seems Hamilton has the "wrong type" of playboy lifestyle.

I think what grinds people's gears (swidt?) is a mega-rich Little Lord Fauntleroy preaching to the masses who, by and large, agree with his views on any given day anyway.

It's not a good look for him or for F1.

Political statements by any sportsperson tend to expose them to ridicule at the least, outright hostility at worst.

I think what grinds people's gears (swidt?) is a mega-rich Little Lord Fauntleroy preaching to the masses who, by and large, agree with his views on any given day anyway.

It's not a good look for him or for F1.

Political statements by any sportsperson tend to expose them to ridicule at the least, outright hostility at worst.
He‘s giving his opinion. Everyone does it, he just happens to have a significant media profile.

You can take offence to it, but that’s just your opinion.

Latest Threads