Formula 1 - 2020 season

Wouldn't worry about it. He just keeps digging himself in deeper and deeper. And the drivers are starting to openly ignore him. Prior to the first race he said, after taking a knee was discussed, that they should do what they felt was right. All twenty drivers rocked up but six stood drawing ire from Sky and possibly Lewis himself who then, by his own admission in a Sky interview, took it upon himself to speak to some of the six who stood to explain what taking a knee would mean and how they are role models etc etc. Because clearly they cant be allowed to think for themselves. Sixteen drivers duly turned up for the second event with twelve kneeling and four standing. That means four drivers who had attended the first event, two who took a knee and two who didn't, skipped the second completely. If he continues at this rate he'll be kneeling on his own on the grid at Monza.

BBC Interview prior to race one on July 5th .. Message highlights 'bigger issue'
Recent Sky Interview, July 15th .. Lewis Hamilton hopes F1 drivers' understanding of taking a knee grows

On the bright side I won £20 last Sunday when I won a bet with a mate that he would make the Black Power symbol after a win this season. I have now got a £50 bet on that he will accuse at least on of his fellow drivers of not supporting the fight against racism this season.

Feeling good about winning it.
I'm sure Lewis will send one of his servants to stand with "his brothers and sisters" in their struggle.

Last edited:

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I didn’t see the end of the Styrian GP. Did Lewis drape himself in the union flag and stand for the British national anthem whilst they flew the Union Flag?

charlie's arrse must be twitching a bit right now - if they'll shaft multiple wdc's in the way they have done then they're not going to blink at kicking him out when the time comes. but then, it mystifies me how with their record drivers will beg them for a seat. Lauda and Schumacher aside, for the past 50-odd years they've been shite with the **very** odd flash of competence.
I'd argue that Villenueve was much more than merely competent.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd argue that Villenueve was much more than merely competent.
I should have said more on the technical and management side of things. their drivers have never been lacking, but the cars and the backup they've provided for them have been. a seat at ferrari has been a poison chalice for some years now and it's not going to improve anytime soon.

I didn’t see the end of the Styrian GP. Did Lewis drape himself in the union flag and stand for the British national anthem whilst they flew the Union Flag?
Botas "Lewis, Toto asked me to give you your flag to wear"

Lewis, naive idot: "Thanks" - drapes Monaco flag round himself

Lewis Hamilton wearing Monaco flag

I should have said more on the technical and management side of things. their drivers have never been lacking, but the cars and the backup they've provided for them have been. a seat at ferrari has been a poison chalice for some years now and it's not going to improve anytime soon.
Ferrari will enter 2021 with a pair of drivers with two wins between them. The jury remains out on Leclerc; he makes way too many mistakes for a driver in his third season. Sainz has bit one podium to his make and is struggling somewhat with Norris.

It’s arguably the weakest driver lineup Ferrari ever had. The fact that they couldn’t secure Ricciardo says a lot about the mess they’re in.

Thought Alonslow was going to Renault?I suppose a move into managing might be better at his age.
F1 drivers are exceeding selfish, it’s a requirement of the job. This alone would make them unsuitable to management.

Lewis Hamilton's antics have completely ruined watching F1 for me - I was an avid fan and I paid for Sky F1 coverage for at least the last 5-6 years because I was a big LH fan ever since he popped up on the scene and demonstrated his amazing talent but my genuine respect for him disappeared this year when he started talking complete bollox and basically accused me of being a racist just because I am white and British. My family background and upbringing had zero 'white privilege' - quite the opposite! and I dont give 2 sh its what colour religion or creed anyone is so I'm not going to pay to watch someone far more privileged than me who was given huge opportunities, some of which came precisely because of his skin colour. I can only hope that Toto takes him behind the Mercedes motorhome and gives him a good shoeing before he destroys his and mercedes benz's good name and legacy.
I can't recall right now where I read it, but, LH has already had an alleged warning shot of the most back-door variety insofar, via his agents etc, he will get nowhere near a target 2021 retainer but I'm not convinced about that...bit too previous tbh and how would pundits know? I can see it though...managed away by deliberate dis-incentives.
He needs to drop this manufactured BLM angst crap
He's dealt with it all his life judging from child era interviews and it's not stopped him from becoming the UK's most prolific F1 champion. I too see him alienating himself from the pit-lane upwards but tbh he was doing that in other ways a few years back with snivelling petulance. Just drive ffs man, and quit ramming your politics down our throats. LIke Alonso, if he does not wind his neck in, he could become too toxic to have around at any price.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

the prancing donkeys in shock admission they are cheating dago bastards -

' The findings of the official investigation into the power unit remained private between Ferrari and the FIA but, for the first real time on record, Binotto has referenced the change in regulations as having a negative impact on their performance.'

I can't recall right now where I read it, but, LH has already had an alleged warning shot of the most back-door variety insofar, via his agents etc, he will get nowhere near a target 2021 retainer
Last week announcement was Hamilton was told his pay for 2021 was to be more than halved to £20million

Lewis Hamilton being made aware AMG-Merc and F1 don't want politics

Edit: Add

Snigger

Oops

Last edited:
F1 C4 Highlights - Hungary

Qual: Sat 18:45 - 20:15
Race: Sun 19:30 - 22:00

Latest Threads