Formula 1 - 2020 season

18 teams have won as English teams. however...thats 'officially'. Merc, RB (and arguably renault) could be considered to be 'english' teams as that's where the factories are. I say 'arguably' with renault as the chassis is built here - the engine in france. so that would be 30.
Whatever flag they fly, the constructors cup has only been won by cars manufactured in three countries; England, Italy and France. The single French win was Matra in 1969, and their cars were prepared and entered from a woodshed in Ockham.

Great statistic I saw today. In the past 15 years, Ferrari have won 71 Grands Prix. In the past ten, a man from Stevenage has won 73.
To be fair, everyone drives fast to get out of Stevenage.

18 teams have won as English teams. however...thats 'officially'. Merc, RB (and arguably renault) could be considered to be 'english' teams as that's where the factories are. I say 'arguably' with renault as the chassis is built here - the engine in france. so that would be 30.
Thanks. I will go with 30 as car more important than engine (unless cheating) as we saw from RBs back to back wins with Frogault engine and Button/Brawn win

PS "arguably renault" - Team Enstone is Britiish

Hamilton has called out Ferrari for not getting its pit crew to take the knee.
I can see this all ending badly for LH who forgets he had a privilege motor racing upbringing from aged 14 he was on the McLaren driver development programme with sponsorship. How many 14yr olds get that?
Bloke on street:
How Was Lewis Hamilton Oppressed?

Hamilton: "Look at me and flag I wave, I'm British....but I don't like Britain and live in Monaco to avoid paying UK tax to thank country that helped me become rich

My guilt is now such a weight on my shoulders I turn on and attack my racist benefactors"

Keep digging Lewis, you may reach the depth Harry Woke has reached

The one record of Ferrari's that no-one will ever better.

Never has a team which has had such a level of resources achieved so little for the amount of time they have been involved in the sport. Really, they personify the phrase - "dragging defeat from the jaws of victory."

They completely mystify me as to how they can eff it up so completely.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

Never has a team which has had such a level of resources achieved so little for the amount of time they have been involved in the sport. Really, they personify the phrase - "dragging defeat from the jaws of victory."

the blind level of adoration off the fans year after year mystifies me. they've no concept of sportsmanship - which I know might be a naive thing to say in what is a billion pound business, but they don't even pay lip service to the concept and never have. twats all.

the blind level of adoration off the fans year after year mystifies me. they've no concept of sportsmanship - which I know might be a naive thing to say in what is a billion pound business, but they don't even pay lip service to the concept and never have. twats all.
I've related the tale of my trip to the British GP at Silverstone in the 80s where we were surrounded by Italians (and they only support one team, unlike other countries whose citizens will support a variety of teams). Both Prancing Donkeys were in the lead for a fair portion of the race but were hunted down and passed by various drivers. The Italians were very noisy and boisterous at first, then noisy and belligerent later. They really didn't like it when I turned to my brother and said, fairly loudly, 'Italian cars are like Italian men. Very pretty, lots of veneer-thin charisma, but underneath it all, ******* useless'.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
charlie's arrse must be twitching a bit right now - if they'll shaft multiple wdc's in the way they have done then they're not going to blink at kicking him out when the time comes. but then, it mystifies me how with their record drivers will beg them for a seat. Lauda and Schumacher aside, for the past 50-odd years they've been shite with the **very** odd flash of competence.

Italian

Virtue-signalling Formula One ignores China’s human rights crimes
“Instead of empty posturing perhaps the drivers including Lewis Hamilton should boycott the next Shanghai Grand Prix.​

“Of course they won't do that because that would actually come with a cost and sports stars and corporations are only interested in political activism that is a cheap and easy.”​

Until woke = broke as P&G's Gillette discovered

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

TamH70

MIA
Not if he can't run a team. What would Vettel bring apart from chaos, conflict and uncertainty (his three main weapons...)
Don't forget his fanatical devotion to the Pope.

Lewis Hamilton's antics have completely ruined watching F1 for me - I was an avid fan and I paid for Sky F1 coverage for at least the last 5-6 years because I was a big LH fan ever since he popped up on the scene and demonstrated his amazing talent but my genuine respect for him disappeared this year when he started talking complete bollox and basically accused me of being a racist just because I am white and British. My family background and upbringing had zero 'white privilege' - quite the opposite! and I dont give 2 sh its what colour religion or creed anyone is so I'm not going to pay to watch someone far more privileged than me who was given huge opportunities, some of which came precisely because of his skin colour. I can only hope that Toto takes him behind the Mercedes motorhome and gives him a good shoeing before he destroys his and mercedes benz's good name and legacy.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

Danatanian

Old-Salt
I sense the hand of the Emperor behind this move.

"Hey Carlos, you know how your current team is on the up and you are finally in a place where you are happy and settled with a recent podium to boot ?? ... Well boy, have I got a career choice for you. Check this out. Why don't you sign for a team that has the best finances available yet consistently under performs. One where you will be up against a rapid guy who is the clear number one, who have just booted a four time WDC and one of their most successful drivers to the kerb, and where its all managed by a grown up version of Harry Potter in a country that expects you to win everything and will hate you if you don't. But never mind all that. Just take the money and trust me. I have a good feeling about this"

"Sounds like a plan Emperor M .. sign me up."

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I think there's always been a hint of scarlet in the Emperor's robes.

it's the only way to account for the performance over the years.

Danatanian

Old-Salt
Lewis Hamilton's antics have completely ruined watching F1 for me - I was an avid fan and I paid for Sky F1 coverage for at least the last 5-6 years because I was a big LH fan ever since he popped up on the scene and demonstrated his amazing talent but my genuine respect for him disappeared this year when he started talking complete bollox and basically accused me of being a racist just because I am white and British. My family background and upbringing had zero 'white privilege' - quite the opposite! and I dont give 2 sh its what colour religion or creed anyone is so I'm not going to pay to watch someone far more privileged than me who was given huge opportunities, some of which came precisely because of his skin colour. I can only hope that Toto takes him behind the Mercedes motorhome and gives him a good shoeing before he destroys his and mercedes benz's good name and legacy.
Wouldn't worry about it. He just keeps digging himself in deeper and deeper. And the drivers are starting to openly ignore him. Prior to the first race he said, after taking a knee was discussed, that they should do what they felt was right. All twenty drivers rocked up but six stood drawing ire from Sky and possibly Lewis himself who then, by his own admission in a Sky interview, took it upon himself to speak to some of the six who stood to explain what taking a knee would mean and how they are role models etc etc. Because clearly they cant be allowed to think for themselves. Sixteen drivers duly turned up for the second event with twelve kneeling and four standing. That means four drivers who had attended the first event, two who took a knee and two who didn't, skipped the second completely. If he continues at this rate he'll be kneeling on his own on the grid at Monza.

BBC Interview prior to race one on July 5th .. Message highlights 'bigger issue'
Recent Sky Interview, July 15th .. Lewis Hamilton hopes F1 drivers' understanding of taking a knee grows

On the bright side I won £20 last Sunday when I won a bet with a mate that he would make the Black Power symbol after a win this season. I have now got a £50 bet on that he will accuse at least on of his fellow drivers of not supporting the fight against racism this season.

Feeling good about winning it.

Latest Threads