Formula 1 - 2020 season

Lando was epic right enough...not quite enough for my wallet!
One to watch is Lando.
Apart from that, lots of spirited driving but & a bit of a predictable podium (bar The Reds)

Hopefully Lando and Mclaren will rise together. It would be good to see Mclaren winning world titles again.

We will see where they are in 2022 with the regulation changes.

Hopefully Lando and Mclaren will rise together. It would be good to see Mclaren winning world titles again.

We will see where they are in 2022 with the regulation changes.
It's just good to see them competing again. Now we just need Williams to sort things out.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
It's just good to see them competing again. Now we just need Williams to sort things out.
Sale of company, removal of family members from Management, appointment of personnel who can build effective teams ....

Shouldn't take much.

Ritch

LE
An absolute masterclass by Hamilton this weekend, as usual. Just magical.

This was her watching qualifying. Riveted she was!
Oi, that's our sofa you're sitting on with mutt

Return it before we arrive home or Tomte (Malinois) will have a hissy fit

Tomte.PNG

It was I, LeClerc
After a lot of thought, I blame Vettel for collision with junior team-mate

Vettel is vastly experienced and should have seem Le Clerc was trapped and backed off to give him space to recover. Instead Vettel tried to drive around him leaving Le Clerc no space

Personally I think Hamilton is the F1 GOAT. He’s free to pursue his own politics and agendas and whether people like it or not there’s no denying his subliminal talent.

After a lot of thought, I blame Vettel for collision with junior team-mate

Vettel is vastly experienced and should have seem Le Clerc was trapped and backed off to give him space to recover. Instead Vettel tried to drive around him leaving Le Clerc no space
Seb being less than generous to his talented junior team mate? What a shock :)

Personally I think Hamilton is the F1 GOAT. He’s free to pursue his own politics and agendas and whether people like it or not there’s no denying his subliminal talent.
No argument at all about the quality of his driving.

As for my feelings about his political/racial stance. He has a perfect right to his opinion, he does not, however, have the right to tell me what my opinion should or must be.

Helplessness prevails in Maranello. "We worked very hard to get updates to the car sooner than planned, but they didn't prove their worth on the track. We have to find out why and change this condition, which is not good enough for a team called Ferrari. "
Why? Italian

Another dodgy wind tunnel?

A Q for all:
In last 40 years how many F1 constructors champions were UK based/constructed?

No argument at all about the quality of his driving.

As for my feelings about his political/racial stance. He has a perfect right to his opinion, he does not, however, have the right to tell me what my opinion should or must be.
Or those of his fellow racers and teams.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Why? Italian

Another dodgy wind tunnel?

A Q for all:
In last 40 years how many F1 constructors champions were UK based/constructed?
18 teams have won as English teams. however...thats 'officially'. Merc, RB (and arguably renault) could be considered to be 'english' teams as that's where the factories are. I say 'arguably' with renault as the chassis is built here - the engine in france. so that would be 30.

Dr Death

War Hero
Hamilton has called out Ferrari for not getting its pit crew to take the knee.
I can see this all ending badly for LH who forgets he had a privilege motor racing upbringing from aged 14 he was on the McLaren driver development programme with sponsorship. How many 14yr olds get that?

Last edited:
I can see this all ending badly for LM who forgets he had a privilege motor racing upbringing from aged 14 he was on the McLaren driver development programme with sponsorship. How many 14yr olds get that?
Who is LM?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I can see this all ending badly for LM who forgets he had a privilege motor racing upbringing from aged 14 he was on the McLaren driver development programme with sponsorship. How many 14yr olds get that?
quite a few. the trend has been for younger and younger drivers for years now - someone damon hill's age when he got his first f1 seat (31) and then going on to take the WDC at 36 just would not happen now. if you're not on a teams radar by the time you turn twenty, chances are f1 won't happen for you.

Seems that the prancing donkeys are throwing in the towel before the start. I translated this from an interview RTL had with Binotto.

"A very disappointing day. We have to accept that the stopwatch never lies. In two qualifying sessions we were not competitive despite different conditions," said Binotto. Clear words from the head of Scuderia. What sounds particularly alarming at Ferrari: Not only Mercedes drives in its own league, Red Bull, McLaren and Renault also make Vettel and Charles Leclerc look old.

And the outlook is bleak. In the medium term, the Ferrari will continue to lag behind the competition. Helplessness prevails in Maranello. "We worked very hard to get updates to the car sooner than planned, but they didn't prove their worth on the track. We have to find out why and change this condition, which is not good enough for a team called Ferrari. "

I'm not sure management at Ferrari are going to like this statement from him.

Original text (in German) at : Ponies give up before race start
Great statistic I saw today. In the past 15 years, Ferrari have won 71 Grands Prix. In the past ten, a man from Stevenage has won 73.

Latest Threads