Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mercedes seem to have some serious issues with the car. If they can’t ride the curbs they can’t race. Hopefully 5 days will be enough to sort it.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

here's the playback in slow motion. Lewis was on full lock right the way up until the cars touch, the steering wheel jerks for a tiny moment (a cropped frame of which I've seen RB fanbois use to try to say Lewis steered into AA) then immediately back on full lock. it's difficult to see what lewis could have done to avoid that.

Actingunpaid

Old-Salt

here's the playback in slow motion. Lewis was on full lock right the way up until the cars touch, the steering wheel jerks for a tiny moment (a cropped frame of which I've seen RB fanbois use to try to say Lewis steered into AA) then immediately back on full lock. it's difficult to see what lewis could have done to avoid that.
Yeah,Albon should have seen the notice on the back of the Merc:
spaceball.png

Sorry, sticking to my comment. Too many 'racing accidents' occur and, every pundit has a different slant.

Hamilton hit the back of Albon's rear tyre, he saw him coming (or should have) on the outside leaving him (Hamilton) plenty of room. This is Hamilton chancing his arm (again), pissed off that Albon had the temerity to try it on.....Karma !
Watch the onboard from Hamilton’s car posted by @maguire; he had a significant amount of right lock on as he exited the corner. He would have been experiencing a lot of understeer trying to turn the car back into the corner as it is washing outwards from the apex. The forces are all outwards at that point.

Martin Brundle called it right. Albon’s inexperience.

I don’t care for F1 much these days and the tw@t Hamilton can go fook himself. That said, I caught a few minutes today as youngest was watching it. The black Mercedes was ok looking but still nowhere near the best looking racing car ever... the JPS Lotus 72View attachment 487475

Bought Scalextric of that in January after given Scalextric set (with two Brabhams) for Christmas. Lotus was much quicker Still have it

For just £11.500 this could be yours

"Vauxhall 2.0 C20XE Red Top Engine with 45 Webers"

11 Webers per cylinder plus one on air intake - rather excessive

or is it 45 Mark Webers, that's a lot of weight and fuel demand?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Still not as much weight as Hamilton carries with that chip on his shoulder!

TamH70

MIA
Still not as much weight as Hamilton carries with that chip on his shoulder!

What pisses in my chips somewhat is that that charisma vacuum is going to win the title again. (I will bet the sum of fifty whole British pence on that.)

The RF88 was designed for the Ford Kent engine, or possibly the Pinto in FF2000 guise, although that class had pretty much disappeared in 88. The gearbox was originally a Hewland Mk9, although I have seen the Hewland LD200 fitted.
Most RF88 had the wider RF89 front end retro fitted, better everywhere except Snetterton.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

So here’s the latest (very) silly season rumour. Mercedes sponsor Ineos are negotiating to build their Defender copy in the Smart factory in the Moselle that Mercedes are closing. The other half of the deal Is the Mercedes F1 team, which becomes Ineos.

Have to say, if I was Jim Radcliffe, self-made sixty something multi billionaire entrepreneur, I’d happily piss away my fortune on an F1 team. The push bike junkies could **** off but I’d keep the sailors. Anything left I’d spend on women.

So here’s the latest (very) silly season rumour. Mercedes sponsor Ineos are negotiating to build their Defender copy in the Smart factory in the Moselle that Mercedes are closing. The other half of the deal Is the Mercedes F1 team, which becomes Ineos.

Have to say, if I was Jim Radcliffe, self-made sixty something multi billionaire entrepreneur, I’d happily piss away my fortune on an F1 team. The push bike junkies could **** off but I’d keep the sailors. Anything left I’d spend on women.
Jim Ratcliffe grew up in Yorkshire. He doesn't spend money on "fun".

Watch the onboard from Hamilton’s car posted by @maguire; he had a significant amount of right lock on as he exited the corner. He would have been experiencing a lot of understeer trying to turn the car back into the corner as it is washing outwards from the apex. The forces are all outwards at that point.

Martin Brundle called it right. Albon’s inexperience.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. Fortunately 'Brundle' isn't the arbiter of right and wrong and, there was a lot more lock unused on Hamiltons car (normally around 90 degrees lock to lock), than you think !

Typical German car driver,doesn't use his rearviews either !:mrgreen:

Never mind, he gets another go at Spielberg this weekend, more jolly japes ? ;)

What a nice man, that'll push up the French employment figures then ?

Robme

LE
Ho him, the Computers on 4 wheel have started up again. And Nazi loving Hamilton‘s computer has upgrades that didnt actually help him with that take a knee for a career criminal stunt nor pole position.

What pisses in my chips somewhat is that that charisma vacuum is going to win the title again. (I will bet the sum of fifty whole British pence on that.)

Look on the bright side, it knocks ze cheating German into a cocked hat.

Ho him, the Computers on 4 wheel have started up again. And Nazi loving Hamilton‘s computer has upgrades that didnt actually help him with that take a knee for a career criminal stunt nor pole position.

Say again in English.

Just noticed....LH has only 5 points of his racing licence to go?
One more bad incident, irrespective of the rights/wrongs....he's toast.
Mr Grumpy, the Lady in Red, ain't far behind him with 7.
Bit dodgy.

Latest Threads