Formula 1 - 2020 season

Mercedes to race in an all black scheme this season, drivers to wear black overalls and their helmet designs are also being changed to to accommodate the scheme. Some of the most nauseating virtue signalling I have ever seen.

I wonder who was behind this.

Bunch of utter bellends..

In any other context what Mercedes are doing would be seen by some as racist. It’s a fickle world and it often depends on who is turning the kaleidoscope.

I

Mercedes to race in an all black scheme this season, drivers to wear black overalls and their helmet designs are also being changed to to accommodate the scheme. Some of the most nauseating virtue signalling I have ever seen.

Bunch of twats

Will Bottas’s car be named 'The Coconut' ?

PFGEN

GCM
What a load of crap! What's next, a Rainbow Renault for the LGBT community?
Apparently they're all going to driving round with a rainbow on the halo. The idea is to tick as many diversity boxes as possible including trannies and other cut and shunt types preferably disabled and a minority of some sort or other. Carey has put 1M$ into a fund for this purpose. I guess a good chunk of that will have already been sent on the rainbow stuff.

Prefer the silver Merc to the black one although Merc does have a black high end series of cars.

Danatanian

Old-Salt
Apparently they're all going to driving round with a rainbow on the halo. The idea is to tick as many diversity boxes as possible including trannies and other cut and shunt types preferably disabled and a minority of some sort or other. Carey has put 1M$ into a fund for this purpose. I guess a good chunk of that will have already been sent on the rainbow stuff.

Prefer the silver Merc to the black one although Merc does have a black high end series of cars.
The rainbow isn't a standard alphabet gang rainbow, its made up of all the team colours and meant to highlight those who have helped with the Covid Pandemic mainly. Its mandatory to have it on the car this year. I think Formula 1 did this "WeRaceAsOne" approach to head off their vocal world champion and to keep BLM from being associated with the Formula 1 brand. Not a good look for a business that is one of the most expensive and prestigious to participate in supporting a Marxist organisation that wants to end capitalism. Mercedes would do well to look at Nike's 47% drop in total revenue in the US this year after they made Colin Kapernick front and centre of their advertising, even comparing him to the men who went ashore on D-Day.

Going Woke = Going Broke.

McLaren just released this video for season start, their approach to the whole thing seems just right to me .. "We're here to try and make everyone's life better."

Cultural appropriation. How dare they misappropriate New Zealand culture.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
To be fair its not "all black" as it has silver in it and a dash of red. Hugo Boss, who Lewis models for, would have loved it.
Silver?
Red?
Black?

Got it, it's a swastika.

Will Billy Monger be driving for Mercedes then, to represent the disabled?

Come on Lewis, step aside, it’s only fair.

Last edited:

Danatanian

Old-Salt
Willy Billy Monger be driving for Mercedes then, to represent the disabled?

No need. They already have a driver in Bottas who celebrates winning by spraying HIMSELF in the face with champagne. By anyone's standards .. that's pretty "speshul".

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero
Will Billy Monger be driving for Mercedes then, to represent the disabled?

Billy has said if given the opportunity, he will make extensive use of the tanning salon

Any night races this season, Singapore? Might be interesting in a black car.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Any night races this season, Singapore? Might be interesting in a black car.
You might not be able to see him, but you'll be able to hear the bass boxes in Malaysia!

PFGEN

GCM
The rainbow isn't a standard alphabet gang rainbow, its made up of all the team colours and meant to highlight those who have helped with the Covid Pandemic mainly. Its mandatory to have it on the car this year. I think Formula 1 did this "WeRaceAsOne" approach to head off their vocal world champion and to keep BLM from being associated with the Formula 1 brand. Not a good look for a business that is one of the most expensive and prestigious to participate in supporting a Marxist organisation that wants to end capitalism. Mercedes would do well to look at Nike's 47% drop in total revenue in the US this year after they made Colin Kapernick front and centre of their advertising, even comparing him to the men who went ashore on D-Day.

Going Woke = Going Broke.

McLaren just released this video for season start, their approach to the whole thing seems just right to me .. "We're here to try and make everyone's life better."

That explanation makes more sense than the one broadcast here in the news where they made the connection with the alphabet peoples.

Will all the sponsors writing be in black as well, to show solidarity?

Latest Threads